Finally everything went blank and the two woke up in Rebekah's room.

"How are you feeling?" Stefan quickly asked when saw Rebekah waking up.

"I'm fine. You weren't kidding... My room seems like Elijah's." Rebekah whispered and Stefan quickly hugged her but she broke the hug and look at him with a very serious face. "Before you say anything... I know that you saw many of the things I went through but if you dare to even show me a small glance of pity, I will kick your ass."

"Why would I pity you? I admire you. I don't know how you never turn it off. You're so much stronger and braver than me." Stefan whispered and Rebekah kissed him passionately.

*Meanwhile*

Elena knew Elijah had some issues when it come to facing his wrong doings, not because he wasn't sorry but because he had a defense mechanism that made him cope with the horrors of his vampirism.

Elena saw how he fall in love with Tatia and how he stopped himself from getting closer to her because he was aware of Niklaus's feelings for her, making Elena smile, seeing human or not, Elijah would always put his family above all, which meant a lot to her. She also witness how he was very close with his siblings and how they would joke around like all normal families do.

Didn't took long, for the memories after Elijah turned into a vampire to appear, one of the first memories was when he found Tatia, after she witnessing the dead bodies in the woods, Elena saw how Elijah tried to control his bloodlust but he was still unable to fully control himself and his urges, and quickly he started to run after Tatia and drain her. Elena noticed how much that memory affected Elijah, so she squeezed his hand, in a comforting way.

The memories after the Mikaelsons ran from Mikael started to appear, making Elena see how Elijah always kept his promise of Always and Forever, how he tried to remain calm and his family together. Of course, along the years, his siblings didn't stay always together, but he still worried about all of them, he worried about them being discovered, he worried about Rebekah trusting someone she shouldn't, he worried about Klaus and Kol's reckless behaviors, he worried that as the years passed, his siblings would lose their humanity, mostly with Klaus's, fearing that he would went to the point of being unable of redeeming himself and become the big bad wolf who only cares about power and breaking the curse.

Elena saw how Elijah put on himself carry on his shoulders everything that happened to his family. She saw how he made his life mission to get his family together again, making many times the decision of letting his own happiness just to make sure his siblings would be alright, which broke Elena's heart because Elijah didn't deserve to carry all that pain.

Suddenly everything went black and they woke up in Elijah's bedroom, making Elijah take some of the wires of the medical equipment Elena put on his room to ensure his well-being.