Chapter 37

CYRUS STEELE

"Alpha..." I heard my Beta say but I ignored him.

"Where is she?!" I yelled as soon as I stepped inside the pack house.

Everyone bowed their heads while I waited for them to answer my question. But as seconds passed, none of my wolves said a word that only infuriated me more.

Slowly, I could feel my wolf wanting to take over and if they will keep on staying quiet, I would gladly let them meet with Harry.

"I am asking you, where is my mother?!" I let a growl escape my lips, sending them all a warning that any minute now, they would be seeing the beast in me.

They only cowered away as they still kept their mouths shut. Without wasting anymore time, I attacked one male wolf and bit his neck, with just the right amount of force to make him bleed, leaving him limping on the floor. The woman beside him, which I assume is his mate, screamed in horror and was about to slash his claws at me and before she could even lay her hand on me, she ended up howling in pain as I tossed her across the room.

"You must have forgotten who I am!" My voice has never been this cold and cursing and everyone came back to their senses. I know they are protecting my mother, their previous Luna, but I am their Alpha now. How dare these wolves rebel against me.

"You see, that happens when we, werewolves get attached to humans." The words she spat were filled with disgust and pure hate.

I looked up the stairs to find my mother looking back at me, dead in the eyes. She descended down and the crowd made a way for her.

"It's been a long time since you've visited the pack house and this is how you greet your pack members? That's not how a powerful Alpha should behave." I clenched my fists and looked at my werewolves.

They are all scared, and the kids are obviously traumatized. But this is all her fault. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be behaving like a wild animal.

With a forced calmed voice, I said, "cut the crap. You know all too well why I came here. Now I am giving you three seconds to give her back to me or else..."

"Or else what? You will kill me?" She said cutting me off. My fangs showed off and she just scoffed.

"I am warning you..."

"Let me ask you one thing, Cyrus," she paused, walked back and forth, "who exactly are you looking for?" She stopped on her tracks and looked back at me.

I walked towards her and stopped a meter away from her, "don't play dumb with me, mom. You know why I came looking for you." I said through gritted teeth.

She shrugged her shoulders and looked around the room, "is this about that unworthy human mate of yours?"

"You..."

"Unfortunately, I haven't met her after the day I came to your house. So, what made you think that I am keeping her here?"

"Stop lying! I know you came to see her this day before she disappeared. Your scent was all over my place!" I spat the words right in front of her face and her face suddenly changed.

"What do you mean, my scent is all over your place? I am telling the truth, I haven't left the pack house for days now." Honesty, that's all I could see in her eyes.

I felt Andy, my Beta, walking up behind me. "That's right, Alpha. When you called up that time and asked me to keep an eye on your mother, she never, even once, left the pack house."