And since he asked this question, Nari didn't hesitate to perk up and offer to help you out, but not forgetting to ask Seokjin if he needed assistance with his stuff, to which he quickly declined.

That honestly made you snort.

Now that you were well aware that the two were hiding something from you, you couldn't help but find it laughable how they made sure to keep up with their constant bickering and neck-and-neck dynamic. It was pretty silly.

You hurriedly shook your thoughts, hating how uncomfortable they were starting to make you.

As much as the situation was laughable in its own way, that didn't take away the discomfort and hurt you were feeling as a result of this whole thing.

You wondered how long it would be before they cracked and simply came out with it and tell you what was going on at their own will.

You scoffed.

"Huh? What was that?" Nari asked as she made her way over to you with your makeup bag in hand.

Hearing her question, you realised you had made that noise out loud. You forced out an awkward giggle, trying to wave her off with a random excuse as a way to dismiss her.

"So is your mother forcing you to come to another event?" you asked as a way to change the topic, although you weren't very interested in what she had to say about that.

But one thing about Nari, if she could spend hours speaking about herself or about anything that had to do with her in some way, she gladly would.

It was a solution you realised you always made use of with her ever since the two of you became friends. Although, it was only now that you've been paying more attention to her and your interactions with her.

Now that you thought about it, you wondered how in the world the two of you stayed friends for so long.

"Step-mother." she immediately corrected you as she casually sat down on the edge of your bed, "She's always forcing me to do things I'm not up for, she's almost like your mom in that sense,"

At the last part of her sentence, you paused and turned your head to look at her, a deep knit forming in between your brows.

"My mom?" you gave her a weird look, showing your confusion, "What do you mean?"

"She's always forcing you to attend functions you don't actually want to go to, doesn't she?" Nari looked up at you innocently, shrugging as if she was saying something completely normal.

You were about to respond to her and voice your disagreement with what she said, but when she spoke up again, you were forced to keep quiet.