Did you make up your own language? (an article)

Related to #6: Language

If you have, you might have gotten more than one response like this:

Ermahgerd! You have a fantaser langwag! Who do you think you are? A lerngweest purrfresser?

(I had a little too much fun with that lol)

This is more or less an article for those of you who do have a fantaser langwag, I mean,

a fantasy language.

While none of my current novel projects have a fantasy language (just a few words here and there) a past experiment did have a fantasy language and I have gotten backlash from people about it. 

They said that I CANNOT have a fantasy language because I'm not Tolkien or a language expert. You might have gotten this, too. Even that you SHOULD NOT have one.

I disagree. You can have a fantaser langwag if you want to. Who's stopping you? Besides, it's your fantaser world and you can do whatever you want with it. 

The only suggestion I would have is to not go about it haphazardly. Keep your consistencies straight. Do the plural nouns always end in "~i"? Do the past tenses always end in "~st"? Does your fantaser langwag always drop "the", "it", and "to"? Make sure they always do (rhymed). 

Consistencies, consistencies and you're pretty much good to go.