Chapter 15: Bad Nights

Start from the beginning

Dad stared at me longingly. I didn't wait for an answer and walked towards the stairs. I looked back and noticed Dad still sitting. He looked down at his suit. I glared. I turned him back around towards me with a wave of my hand. He rolled his eyes. He nodded with his hands up in defence.

"Alright... I guess I can sleep..." He stood up and made his way towards me. I walked up the stairs. I heard him clap off the lights. I walking into my room and grabbed an extra blanket and pillow. I placed them on the bed. I'm going to make it look like I'm sleeping on the bed too, but I'm not. I have to stay up... to keep the dreams at bay. I know I should sleep too, but I want Dad to sleep. He deserves it. Dad walked into my room and throw himself onto my bed like a child. I rolled my eyes. He took one side and I took the other. He sat cross cross, waiting for me. I turned to face him and closed my eyes.

"Don't fight it." Was all I said as I waved my hands. I felt heat in my hands. I connected with Dad. I looked through his mind and found his memories. His dreams. I tinkered with them so he couldn't see them. Dad gasped.

"What are you doing!?" He asked panicked. I smirked as I pulled away. I'm still connected to him. I have to be in order for the dreams to stay put. His eyes widened as he stared at me. I raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"I could feel something. I felt whatever you did..." he shuddered. I stood up and pointed to the bed.

"Sleep." I demanded with a stern look. He just rolled his eyes and laid back. I turned the light out. The only light was from the Christmas lights I had hanging up around the room. I... I was scared of the dark. I know it's funny, but I can't be in the dark. Or electric things. Like that electric stick dad poked Bruce with... those freak me out. I don't know why. Maybe something in my past? I sat down on my bed. I laid back. I wasn't going to sleep though.

"You know... I think I do have an idea on how much I mean to you. I care about you a ton. Same with Pep. You two have changed me, for the better. You two taught me that I'm not alone. I love Pepper. She has been with me from the very start. And you, I love you too Hope." His voice echoed in my room. I smiled.

"Well, I love you... and I hope you don't forget that..." I whispered softly. He chuckled. He hummed as his breathing became slow and even. He's asleep. I laid there for a few minutes. I feel like that phrase means more then it seems. I stood up and grabbed my phone and head phones. My phone was different then the normal Stark phone. Dad made one just for me. Which is awesome!

I walked out the door. I went into the living room. I laid down on the couch. I rested my arm behind my head. I opened my phone and went onto Instagram. I had 29.7 million followers. I post pictures of Dad, Pepper, and I together. I sometimes post some with Happy, but he thinks I shouldn't because it's not professional. I rarely post videos of Dad and I in our suits. And some... embarrassing videos of Dad. I have the video of when he first started building his foot thrusters. He flew into the wall and Dum-E extinguished him. He wasn't even on fire. I chuckled softly as I remembered.

I follow about 30 people. All celebrities. Like Kelvin Heart. He's funny as hell! Bastian San, I loved him in the movie "I, Sonya"! He looks like someone I've met before, but if I met him, I wouldn't forget. He's tied as my Celebrity crush. I mean, how can you not love this man. He's the whole package! He is such a meme too! He's so childish! Handsome! I also follow Dad's look alike, Roberto dowey Jr. He looks so much like Dad it's crazy! And Timothy Huddleston... he's my celebrity crush! He's frickin' perfect! A pure gentleman, handsome, kind, generous, handsome, secretly a bad boy, wouldn't hurt a fly, and did I mention Handsome! He looks like Loki... Loki's hot too. The world doesn't deserve him! I just... I just can't. You have no idea how much I secretly freaked out when I met him. Oh my god!

"Jesus... I need to stop..." I chuckled as I turned off my phone. I silently squealed as I remembered when I met Huddleston. He so polite compared to all the other boys I know. I felt a pain in my head. I groaned lightly as I placed my head on my forehead. I felt something trying to push against the barrier to Dad, but I pushed it away. Nope! Not tonight! I curled up as I opened my phone up again. I connected my wireless head phones to my phone. I turned on my music and pressed shuffle. I smiled as I started to move to the beat.

🎶🎶

Hail, (hail)
What's the matter with you head?
Yea aah

Hail, (hail)
What's the matter with your mind and your sign?
An a oh oh oh

Hail, (hail)
Nothin' the matter with you head baby find it, come on and find it

He-e-ell
With it baby cause your fine
And your mine
And ya look so divine

Come and get your love

🎶🎶

This song just makes me wanna dance! I don't know why, but this song seems so familiar. Like it means more then I know. I moved my head to the beat of the song with a smile. The next song came on.

🎶🎶

Dirty!
Rotten!
Filthy!
Stinkin' rich!

She's my cherry pie
Cool drink of water
What a sweet surprise

Taste so good
Make a grown man cry
Sweet cherry pie
Yeah!

🎶🎶

I stood up and played my amazing air guitar. There's no way I'm sleeping tonight! I banged my hands to the beat as I held onto my air drumsticks. I smiled as I lip synced the words. I learned to love Dad's songs. Right now, I'm in the zone. I thought of that vine where this guys in the shower. He's like, I don't sing in the shower, I perform. Even though I'm not in the shower, I thought of it. Time to start a world tour.