Chapter 22: I'm bored.

"I'm not afraid anymore, what makes you sure? You're all I need, forget about it. When you walk out the door, you're teaching me to live without it."

- Bored, Billie Eillish.

-------

"Wow.. that's pretty eventful." Akane said, as Boruto told the twins of their week. "Though, I'm really glad you stayed Mitsuki. If Shisui, Reiji and I were here we would've helped too."

"We got it under control before they even arrived." Boruto boasted as he puts both hands behind his head. Sarada rolled her eyes while Mitsuki chuckled. Shisui, Reiji and Akane sweatdropped. "Your ego surely inflated over the week." Shisui commented.

Boruto glared at Shisui, "What the hell did you do over the week huh? You're not the one who battled artificial humans!"

"Stop boasting like you did it yourself." Sarada said sternly, scaring Boruto. "I agree with Sarada." Shikadai chimed in as Inojin and him sat across them.

"Where's Cho-cho?" Sarada asked.

"With her dad." Inojin answered. "They were training, I think." Shikadai added.

"You know, it bothers me that the three of you are so nonchalant about Mitsuki." Sarada said. "Well, yeah I'm shocked but, I don't see why we would make a big deal about it. I mean we're already a week late." Reiji said and chuckled.

"We already knew." Shisui said. Now, the others were shocked. "What? When?" Boruto asked.

"I saw a file of Mitsuki on my mom's office table. And talked to Mitsuki." Akane said. "Besides, we already had some suspicions way back in the academy. And unlike the kind of friend you are Boruto, we talk to Mitsuki." Shisui added.

Boruto got irritated by Shisui's slight smirk.

"It's true." Mitsuki confirmed. "W-well! I talk to Mitsuki almost everyday now. S-so-" Boruto tried to come up with a comeback.

"So! What happened in your mission?!" Sarada cuts Boruto off. Making Boruto glare at Sarada.

"It isn't as eventful as yours though, that's for sure." Reiji said. Akane chuckled, "Nothing really ordinary. We escorted some important person, go attacked over and over again then, fought some white zetsu, solved a problem and went back to Konoha."

"From a B rank mission to an A ranked mission, according to Lord Seventh." Shisui chimed in.

Sarada, Shikadai, Inojin and Boruto's jaws dropped while Mitsuki's brows raised.

"Who attacked you?" Inojin asked. "I forgot their name but they were S-class rogue ninjas." Akane nonchalantly answered, eating her french fries

"What!? How are you three alive?" Shikadai asked.

"With our organs." Akane sarcastically said. Shikadai glared at Akane.

"We got help from their mom and Sasuke-san." Reiji said.

"Sasuke-san?!/ my dad?!" Both Boruto and Sarada reacted. Akane nodded, "Yeah, they were even asked to find you guys. Although, they declined. But, Mama and Sasuke-oji-chan knew you guys went to the Ryuchi Cave and were at the Hidden Stone Village."

"Yeah, upon hearing that Sasuke-oji-san got serious. I think he was a bit mad, he even summoned a huge snake named, Aoda." Shisui added.

"Mama had to calm him down when Aoda told everything you guys did." Akane sweatdropped.

Both Boruto and Sarada sweatdropped, the color in them slowly fading away. They looked like they were going to faint.

"Are you guys okay?" Reiji asked.