Chapter 13: Decided

Type song lyrics here

~Title and Artists here.

Getting there. 3/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap

As Akane opens her eyes, revealing a two tomoe sharingan.

"Don't hold back, Iwabee. Can't lose to a girl, right?" She smirked.

"Hmph." Iwabee stayed silent and took position.

"Give me your best shot." Akane taunted.

"Begin!!" And the two clash head on.

The match ended in Akane taking the swift victory.

"I told you....your strength.. greatly depends on your.. beloved sharingan..."

"Iwabee, Akane-chan never really used her sharingan." Denki said. Which surprised Iwabee, "What?"

"Keep on panting Iwabee, battles aren't always about strength, ya know." Akane said, dusting off her clothes.

To be continued.

~~  3rd POV ~~

6th match

Shikadai vs. Wasabi

Results: winner, Shikadai.

7th match

Boruto vs. Reiji

"Winner! Boruto of Team 7!" Tenten declared.

"Amazing." Sakura awed, "Team 7 and Team 10 got the most wins." She added.

"What do we do with Sarada and Sumire?" Kakashi asked.

"Well.. for me I'd consider the tie a win for both, they showed excellent battle prowess." Minako said. Sakura also agreed, of course.

"Hmph. It's declared then. Team 7 wins." Kakashi said.

"How about Shisui?" Sakura asked. "According to their scores, 3 teams excelled. Teams-" Kakashi was cut off by Minako.

"7, 9 and 10. Seems like we got more than we thought."

"I suggest the parents should get involve in this recruitment. They may be skilled for their age, but in terms of mental capacity...they're just children." Kakashi said. "Considering that the two of you are parents of the chosen few... what do you think?"

"Good thinking Kaka-sensei. I wouldn't want my Sarada to throw herself in front of danger. Anyway, I'll distribute the scrolls." Sakura said.

"I was gonna ask Naruto that. But, seems like the two of you took the step further." Minako said.

"Sakura, make sure not to confuse the scrolls. I infused a specific kind of fuinjutsu, that only their parents can open."

"I specifically asked Naruto to make those in scrolls, so these new generation would be confused. It may not work for all but, it will for most... Good idea though, Minako." Kakashi said.

"It's time to announce yet again, Kakashi." Minako chuckled. Kakashi sighed.

"Who's the winner, Old man!?!" Boruto shouted.

"Well before that Boruto. We considered the match of Sarada vs. Sumire, a win for both teams..."

Both Sarada and Sumira smiled widely and their teammates cheered or celebrated their friend's victory, "So that means.."Boruto trailed off.

"Yes, the overall winner is Team 7."

Boruto shouted and jumped, full of happiness. Of course he was joined by his team with Mitsuki, the least who expressed his happiness for the team.

"1st runner-up would be Team 10, 2nd with Team 9 and 3rd is tied with Team 5 and 15." Sakura continued what Kakashi said.

"Don't be sad nor be disappointed. All of you showed amazing battling prowess. If I were your team's sensei, I would recommend all of you for the Chuunin Exams." Minako said, somewhat encouraging the genins.

Making them all smile.

Both Minako, who had a prize for the genin who weren't chosen, and Sakura, who had the scrolls for the chosen, jumped down and stood before the gathered genin.

Minako went to the team she trained for a week, "Minako-sama, we failed you!!" Metal Lee said, tears on the tip of his eyes. Iwabee and Denki apologized.

"Metal, Denki and Iwabee. Listen to me.." Minako started. Metal wiped his tears and all of them looked at Minako, with so much respect. "I may not be your sensei, but words can't describe of how proud I am of what you three accomplished in just a week. All of you fought bravely and,  showed me how you three were worthy of the label shinobi in front of me."

Minako showed her genuine and authentic smile, "Here, for the week that we you all went through. Congratulations!"

"Minako-sama..." Metal got emotional yet again. The three took their prize, which was a box of Minako's special chocolates and money, they then hugged her. Of course, Minako hugged them back. In which, Iwabee was the last to join the group hug.

After that emotional group hug, Kakashi joined Minako and stoof beside her, whilst Sakura and her team were getting emotional.

"What're these scrolls for?" Shikadai asked, "So old-fashioned, Mina-san." Boruto commented.

"Don't we get gifts of food as well?" Chocho asked, who clearly noticed Team 5 enjoying their treats. "Where's our reward??" Reiji asked.

This time, Kakashi was the one who chuckled while, Minako sighed.

"Well.. you give those scrolls to your parents and wait for their reaction. It is forbidden to open the scrolls without your parents. If we found out that you opened it by yourself, please prepare for the consequences."

"And as for your reward, some of your mothers have volunteered and  prepared food at the park. See you guys there!" Kakashi poofed away, which it was a clone all along. Minako sighed and chuckled, "Sakura!"

The kids were still processing what Kakashi said meanwhile, Sakura stood by Minako, she placed a hand on Minako's shoulder.

"Well what are you guys waiting for? I heard Chocho's mother cooked most of the food." Minako said, before teleporting.

They, the genins, blinked twice still processing. Chocho was the first one to react, running while shouting something incoherent, followed suit by Shikadai and Inojin. Then, it turned into a race.

The genins all arrived at a spacious park where, Kakashi, Minako and Sakura where already enjoying the food.

~ Later that evening ~

A symphony of shocked screams came into play.

"ANBU!?" They all say.

Regardless, if it was a parent or a student. Some were having doubts, most were curious.

On the letter, came with a date. The day where the parents, students and the Hokage will meet and discuss. Which is 3 days from now, as the Hokage was still a bit busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm now debating if this is a filler or nah.. but, I feel like it ain't so. There will be a brief showcase of the meeting and the plot of Boruto: the movie will commence.

Anyway, thank you for reading and voting! (If you did)

Lots of love xoxo

-Laters!