The War and The Promise

Start from the beginning

"Thank god, your ok Lucas", she says. 

"Where are the rest of the guys?",I ask. 

"They are where the gas tanks are at, let's go", she says leading the way, suddenly we see a couple hugging each other, and then we turn the other direction and leave. We then find Annie getting some gas tanks ready, as well as Armin, and Eren beside her.

"Armin what's wrong", Eren asks. 

"I.....Don't worry. I'm fine, just give me a second for my nerves to settle", Armin says with a panicked expression, "This is bad isn't it, there's a hole on the wall that's eight meters wide and we don't have any method to close it. That huge boulder in front of the gate was our best bet, but we don't even the technology that could move it. Unless we seal the breach, the entire city is as good as dead!" Everyone notices his increasing rise in fear. "How long will it take before they take over Wall Rose!?", Armin shouts.

"Armin", Eren snap Armin out of his fear. "Listen to me, don't focus on the past... look ahead, we are not going to be the victims anymore". 

".......I'm sorry guys", the blonde boy whispers.

"I don't want to burst your bubble but we have to go now, they will be assigning squadrons soon", I tell them.

Outside on the military field........

We were all outside in line waiting to hear instructions on what we were going to do. A lieutenant was about to give a pep talk to all of the cadets. 

"I want everyone to split up in four squadrons like you been taught! All squadrons will respond and obey to Garrison regimen leaders! The intermediate class will be taking the front! Cadets will be at the center! While the elites will be guarding the rear! I expect all of you to stand your ground and remain in your posts! The gate is no more and it's up to us to protect the people! Also, the armored Titan is likely to appear, if and when he does, Wall Sina will be breached. All soldiers, be ready, your objective, defend the wall till the evacuation is complete. Now, be aware that if any of you run away you will be punished by execution it's expected that you all stand your ground till the end," the lieutenant commands. 

"Yes, sir!!!!", everyone shouts.

I was leaning against the hall and then I notice Jean talking to himself. 

"Why now", he says, "One more day and I would have been in the interior". He gets up and walks past me. I hear him walk away and then I hear shouts, "Out of my way". I look at Jean and notice he was arguing with, Eren. 

"What's wrong with you", Eren asks. 

"What kind of question is that we're all going to be Titan food, you expect me to be happy about that. Your loving this aren't you, little pyscho", Jean snarled. From behind them, I notice Mikasa getting closer to their confrontation.  Jean keeps talking, "Of course you are, this is all you ever talk about. I was one day short to being shipped to the MP." 

"Hey, you-", Eren about to talk. 

"NO! You listen. Not all of us are suicidal like you are", Jean barks.

"Damit Jean, shut up for a second!", Eren screams while pushing jean to one of the pillars. 

"We've trained for this. What do you think the last 4 years were about? We survived, we stared at death in the face and we lived. Not everyone can say that either cuz, they ran or were kicked out, hell some people even died, but not us. We powered through for 4 years, what's one more day? You can do this Jean, alright. The MP will be waiting for you tomorrow", Eren said while letting him go. 

"Tch, shit. Everyone on your feet!", Jean tells the rest of the group. I then notice Eren and Mikasa about to have a talk.

"Eren, if things become worse, I want you to come and find me", She said. 

"What? But we're in different squads", he replies. 

"Look this is going to get ugly, and when it does, come and find, so I can protect you", she says. 

"Who the hell do you think you are?", Eren states. Then a lieutenant comes in the middle of their conversation.

"Ackerman, your with me, you've been assigned to the rear, under special orders. Let's get moving", the lieutenant says. 

"But sir I'm a cadet, I'll slow everyone down", she replies. 

Eren the turn to her, saying, "What?" 

"You're not being asked for an evaluation", says the lieutenant, "we need as many elite soldiers as possible to get things on track." 

"But sir-" she gets cut off by Eren head butting her. 

"Hey!! You've been given a direct order, pull yourself together, Now! This is bigger than the two of us and you know it, humanities on the verge of extinction, have some damn perspective". 

Mikasa holding her head then lowers her head. "Okay. I'm sorry, this whole situation is making me uneasy", she said. Eren starts to leave her, and then she stops him by pulling the edge of his sleeve. "Just promise me,.....promise me that whatever happens don't get yourself killed", she pleads. Eren then pulls his sleeve away and storms off. Mikasa looked so down, so I decided to comfort her.

"Hey, are you going to be okay?", I ask her. She simply nods....., I come up to her and hug her. "It's ok", I say. She then hugs back...and then looks up at me expecting me to say something to soothe her anxiousness.

 We stop hugging and then I pat her head. "Its ok kid, I'll protect him. Rest assured that he'll be alright". She then nods and smiled feeling relaxed. "But after this is done. Promise me that you will tell Eren how you feel for him. You might miss your chance". She nods her head and smiles, "Don't let Eren get to you, he's just distracted by his hatred, he still loves you even if he doesn't show it", I tell her. 

I walked away from her, then I turned back to wave goodbye at her. She waves back and then I leave.

The war has begun.....Which side will triumph?