The Training

It was early morning and as Lucas gets up upon inspecting his bed, he notices that Carla wasn't there. Yesterday afternoon they arrived in the village and went straight home after the hunt. They both went into the bedroom and slept together.  Lucas now remembering the romantic night if it did happen.  He checked to see if he was naked and in fact, he was, Yesterday it was their first day as a new couple. He got out of bed to search for Carla and there she was in the kitchen getting food ready. He quietly sneaks up behind and hugs her. 

"Hey cutie," she says. "What are you cooking?", Lucas asks. 

"Potato stew," she says.  

I suddenly got Deja-Vue. I sat down and ate, "So today I'll meet the trainees, and Eren is gonna be one of them", I said. 

"Really, I thought you already met them," she said. 

"Nah I just observed them for a bit, Keith was doing introductions", I said. 

"Wow, I didn't know Keith would become a drill Sargent", she said. I finish eating and I start getting ready. "Hey, do you think I could come?", Carla asks me. 

"I've told you before remember," I said. 

"Ya, I know but what if I wear a mask and some sort of jacket. I doubt they would recognize me, and if they ask why I wear one, we could say that I got burned during a Titan attack and that's what we say," she said. 

[Damn, she has thought this through, maybe we could, I mean it's only today], Lucas thought. "Ok, but it's gonna get hot so if you heat up then that's on you", I said. 

"yay, I'll get ready," she says leaving to get ready.

Time skip.........

At the boot camp, the trainees were lined up once again, but this time they were in front of three people. 

"Ok, Everyone today you have the honor of meeting someone beyond talented. The man that single-handedly took down 103 titans, The Titan Ripper himself, Commander Sargent Lucas!", Sargent  Keith said. Everyone was wowing at me, almost everyone has heard of my exploits. To them, I'm at the top with commander Levi of the special unit in second. You could hear everyone seemed happy especially my favorite trio.

Eren was astounded that he finally saw Lucas after 6 months, it seems like he kept his promise to watch over them. Mikasa loved to hang out with him before they all lost communication, it was only natural due to Lucas having the best combat, evasive, and defensive abilities in the military. Armin was always surprised by Lucas's intelligence and was deeply saddened when he heard that Lucas would have to leave for 6 months. During Lucas's absence, he made a name for himself The Titan Ripper, known for his outstanding battle capabilities and the amount of Titans he had brought down.

"Hello, everyone, my name is Lucas, you may know me better as The Titan Ripper. I have come here personally to make sure our trainees are learning everything there is to know. It has been arranged that I'll be the official drill Sargent for this squadron, but the initial training will follow Sargent Keith's regimen. I'll act as support is that good for you, Mr. Keith?" I asked and he nodded. "Okay now let's start" 

First, Kieth walked up to some of the trainees to intimidate them and break their courage. He started screaming and yelling at each and every person he stopped in front of.

"Hey Lucas", I look at Carla who was behind me asked, "What's the purpose of all the intimidation".  

"With stress and dedication, we turn them into blank states.  From then they are molded bit by bit into proper soldiers", I said.

"Exactly Mr.Ripper, or should I say, Lucas."

We turned around to see two commanders patrolling the training area, "It's exactly as you say." 

"Hello commander what are you guys doing here," Lucas asked.

 "We were just patrolling the training area and came upon Sargent Keith," said the commander, "By the way who is that person?"  

"Ohhh she is my finance, Lindsey," I said. Carla was surprised by what I told them, but I just did it in the spur of the moment. 

"Congratulations Sargent Lucas, I hope you guys invite us to the wedding, anyway we better get going we have to report to headquarters", the commander said.

 As we returned our attention to the trainees, we saw Keith in front of a girl that seemed like she was eating a potato.

As boot camp ends for the day, Carla and I  go greet the trainees personally. 

"Lucas!" I hear my favorite trio calling out to me. 

"Hi guys, long time no see," I tell them as they approach me. 

"How have you been Lucas," Eren says.  

"I've been good just busy I'm sorry for not greeting you guys the day I got back", I said. 

"How is it on the other side of the wall," Eren asks me. 

"It's hell, and it will remain hell if you don't hurry and give it your best shot to become a scout." I knew Carla would be mad at me but I need them to hurry up and improve.  

"Anyway, who is this person," Mikasa asked.  

"I am his fiance, the name Lindsey," Carla lies. 

"What!!!", the trio yells. After a few questions, nobody suspected anything. We were about to leave when we heard the bell.

"Seems like you guys have to hit the hay, rest up and be ready for tomorrow", I told the trio. 

"Okay!", they said then they start to head for the dorms. 

"What do you think," I asked Carla. 

"I'm so happy I got to see then again, but", she then punches my shoulder, "You're a dumbass telling them to try harder." 

"Hey, those were words of encouragement", I joke. 

"Still, don't do that, you know I still worry about them", she states.

From the corner of my eye, I see someone walking, or rather should I say sneaking. 

"Hey Car, mind waiting for me here a little bit," I ask.

"Sure just don't take too long," she replies. 

I start following the figure that I saw and I notice it was headed for the equipment room. The figure enters the room and closes the door, I follow slowly and quietly open the door. 

"Kieth what are you doing", I ask. 

The figure slowly turns around answering my suspicions. "Sargent Lucas, I can explain, you see I-," he tries to explain but I cut him short by holding his shoulder.  Then VOOOOM, I see all the things that will happen to him and what he was doing in this room in the first place.

 "Don't worry, I know what you are doing," I reply, "I think you should do this for two extra belts not just for Eren." 

"What do you mean?", He asked, "why do you want two more sabotaged belts?" 

Lucas answers him by saying, "It's because I want to see how hard their spirit can become." After a minute or two, I tell him who else he has to give the belts to, and then I leave.

"Hey, you kept me waiting a while," Carla says, "what happened?" 

"Nothing much, just chatted with Kieth about what we will do tomorrow," I lie," You ready to go?" 

"Ya," she replies. 

Tomorrow will be an interesting day. Hehehehe......