The person in the car wore a suit and had shades. "Where to?"

"O-oh, the Pyeongtaek St.Mary's Hospital p-please..."

He gives me a surprised look. "All the way there?!" I bowed my head lowly in shame. "I'm s-sorry, is that too far?" He shakes his head, "I get paid extra from Joon whenever I go farther places."

I thanked him and we were ready to head out.

*

After a thirty minutes of awkward silence, we've arrived at Pyeongtaek St.Mary's Hospital. I thanked the driver and began to gather my belongings and heading through the doors of the emergency room.

I was greeted with bright lights and a waiting room absence of people. I walked to the front desk where a lady was typing on her keyboard. She notices me and stops.

"What can I do for you today?"

I set down my bag. "I'm here to check on Min-Seo," I said a little too fast. But who could blame me, my moms life was on the line. She types into the computer and stops after a few seconds. Her face immediately turns down. "What...what is your relationship with Min-Seo?" She asks very slowly.

"S-she's my mom," I said, strong yet worried. She looks at me with eyes that could on be defined as 'pain' or sorrow'.

"Min-Seo was pronounced deceased ten minutes ago," she says slowly. "I'm sorry..."

I suddenly felt cold. My finger tips felt nothing. My heart stopped beating. I couldn't feel anything. "S-she's gone..?"

The receptionist odder sorrowfully. I stared blankly at the doors to the emergency rooms. "If it helps, she's in room 205." I nodded, slowly. I picked up my bag in a sloth like manner and made my way through the doors. There were doctors walking back and fourth with masks and headbands.

"Excuse me sweety," says a polite nurse. "You're not allowed in this area unless you have some special access saying otherwise."

I stared at her, blankly and void of emotion. "Ummm, excuse me?" She says once again. I was brought back to reality and regained my consciousness.

"O-oh, I'm here to see Min-Seo. I'm her s-son..."

The nurse's face immediately softens. She places a hand on my shoulder and leads me down to the room. We walked in to see my mom on the operation bed, pale and absent of motion. The sight only made me want to cry.

"I'm sorry. Your mother passed just a few minutes ago..."

I nodded in a very slow manner. "I know..."

I walked over to my mom and placed my hand on her head. "I-I'm sorry wasn't able to make it..." My throat began to tighten. "I-I'm sorry I w-wasn't able to prevent this..."

Then came the sobs. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

My tears poured from eyes in a constant flow and made the other people in the room start to cry. "M-mommy...I wish I could've said goodbye one last time...."

The nurses started to sniffle and wipe their eyes. I planted a kiss on my moms forehead. "Go see daddy." I regained my posture and wiped my tears.

"Thank you for notifying m-me," I said to the doctor. "I wish I was a little closer so I could've said bye..."

Suddenly, I fell forward onto the nurse who was larger than me. I sobbed and rubbed my face into her uniform, she welcomed me with her arms and hugged me tight.

"It's going to be okay..."

I sniffled and glanced back at my mom. My eyes started to water again and I began to sob louder and clench the doctors jacket. "P-please tell me this i-isn't real..." I murmured. He shook his head and out his hand on my head.