"I have to take these papers for Sean to sign too, then." Said her standing up.

"How is he dealing with all of this?" The woman asked as they walked inside the house.

"He has been kind of busy with the studio stuff, we haven't really talked about the subject besides on Jia's birthday." She said. "He said he would have never left if he knew there was a chance of him being her father, so I guess that means he wouldn't mind being her father... right?"

They stopped at the front door. "Well, he would be an idiot if he didn't want to be her father."

"Thanks, mom." She said sharing a kiss with the woman, before heading to her car. "Love you."

"I love you too, text me later about how her first day in the daycare was." She said and Kaycee just nodded before getting in her car.

Kaycee texted Sean, asking if she could meet him in their studio because she had some things to give him — he said he was working but she could go, so she drove there.

When she got there she noticed it was a nice bulging but it definitely needed some repairings on the outside, and probably even more on the inside. Sean was waiting for her by the door — green sweatpants, black shoes, black shirt with one of the sleeves rolled up, and messy hair. He had some dust here and there on his clothes, from someone who had been working.

"Hi." He said with a smirk on his lips after he noticed her eyes on him.

She said blushing as she approached him. "Hi."

"I would invite you in but it's a dusty mess inside." He said. "Let's sit on the bench."

She just nodded and allowed him to guide her to the bench close by, in which they sat. "So, is everything okay? Where's Jia?"

"Yeah, everything is fine." She said. "Jia is on daycare."

"Daycare?" He asked.

"I found this place that I really like so she's on trying right, to see if she will adapt. It's gonna be just for two days a week so I can have so free days to do things, and she can make some friends too." She explained and he just nodded.

"Anyway." She kept going, getting the papers in her bag to give him. "I came to give you this."

"Which is?" He wandered his eyes on the papers.

"It's a date and some paperwork for the DNA test." He looked at her surprised. "You need to bring it, on the day."

"So... you decided to go through with it?" He asked.

"Well, Gabe isn't giving up and it's better to do this in a friendly way than with a judge." She said.

He nodded after sighing. "Alright then."

"If you don't want to do it, is fine." She added nervously. "It can be just Gabe and Jia and..."

"Hey." One of his hands found her chin, making her eyes to finding his. "I want to know it too."

"But-"

"And I want her to be mine, too." He added, giving her a free pass to relax.

And for a second they just kept looking at each other, and Kaycee thought that maybe this would be the moment he would finally kiss her — but once again he backed away.

She didn't hold her thoughts. "Why are you doing this?"

"What?" He asked, trying to look confused.

"Backing away." She said, sounding hurt. "Every time we get too close you back away as if you... you don't want me anymore."

"Gosh, no, kayc..." He desperately said, holding her hands on his. "don't ever say that, you are all I want, all I ever wanted-"

"Then why?" She interrupted him.

"I still... I just want things to be right this time." He said. "I wanna make sure that I won't lose you again."

"That means you can't kiss me?" She asked confused.

"Not yet... not until everything it's in place." He said. "Please just give me time."

"I feel like things will never be in place for us." She confessed. "It feels like there's always gonna be something, that we will never be able to truly fix thing and it sucks... nobody said there's no reverse on this."

She said, standing up: "I got get Jia from the daycare."

"Okay, I'll walk with you." He said.

They walked in silence for the next two minutes, they've only talked again when they were right in front of her car — before she walked inside he turned her around, grabbing her hand. "Hey..."

"What?" She asked, looking up at him — those shiny hazel eyes that he loved so much.

"You still the one." His words surprised her and before she could say anything she had a smile on her lips because she was too weak when it came to him — he leaned in and kissed her forehead. "Don't ever think otherwise."

"Bye Sean." She said laughing as if she was annoyed, turning to get into her car as he walked away backward so he could look at her.

"Bring Jia tomorrow, so you guys can help me put on some wallpaper, Julian won't be able to be here." He added.

She turned to look at him, already inside the car but with the door still open. "What do we win with that?"

"Quality time with me." He joked. "Dinner, I cook whatever you want."

"Uuuuuh, I like that." She said. "We will be here."

"Text me when you get home, and what you will want for me to cook tomorrow." He said.

She just nodded, closed the door, and then she was gone — and it might sound clingy, but Sean already wanted for her to be back.

It was confusing, in a way he was back, she was single and he could have everything he ever wanted but at the same time it felt like he was walking on thin ice, and that at any second his ground would crumble and he would be left freezing. He knew there were too many cracks he had a walk, in the ice beneath him, before he could step in a safe land and that was too scary.

***
(please don't forget to comment and vote if you liked 💛🌼)