Chapter 4

My 15th birthday is today! Also, Clarissa and I's 1 year anniversary. I take Clarissa out on a date at a fancy restaurant. As we got there people seemed to be staring at us for some reason. We took a seat at a table next to the window. I order a steak and Clarissa orders one too.

"Hello, what are you having today?" asks a waiter.

"I will have water with the steak with a side of tomato soup," replies Clarissa.

"I'll have that too but can I have the tomato soup with no parsley?" I chime in. Nodding the waiter writes the orders down.

"Of course," the waiter walks away.

After a while, we get our food. The waiter switches my soup with Clarissa because hers didn't have parsley in it. Before I could tell her, she drinks the soup. I watch in horror to see how she reacts.

Clarissa's POV

I slurp the soup but it tastes kinda weird. I think it's expired or something. Suddenly I feel a burning in my throat and mouth. I have a sudden urge to throw up. I hold jake's hand while trying to ask for help I literally felt like I was dying. I started to throw up blood. Then the whole world slowly becomes black.

Jake's POV

I stare at Clarissa and see the life drain out of her eyes. She was covered in blood, it's all my fault. Someone else died because of me. I shouted for help, "Someone call 911!!"

I suddenly saw someone come out of the kitchen and stare at me. I heard him mumble, "Why isn't he dead?"

Did they want to kill me? I turn away and I stare at Clarissa. I see her dead brown eyes. I couldn't believe it happened again. I cry all the way home, I can't do this anyone. I just curse people, everyone I love just dies. I lost everything in my life. First Santi and now Clarissa whos next? I don't want to be a burden to any other people. I go to the top of the motel near my house. I get ready to jump. This is it, I lost everything. I jump, waiting for the impact of hard concrete. Instead, there is metal, everything goes black.

I hear doctors say to someone that I was in a coma. The voice seems so familiar somehow. Another voice that sounded like a girl kept saying "you can't die I was supposed to kill you". I kept going in and out of consciousness for a few months. It felt like years. I wake up after a few days. When I wake up I see Ashton by my side. Why is he here? His eyes widened as he saw me wake up. "OMG, you're alive! It's been 4 months." He says. Nodding I lay back down and close my eyes. When he came back in, I saw his beautiful blond hair and smooth pale skin with freckles. I can't fall In love again he'll die like all the other ones. I'm just a curse to people. Everyone I love dies on my birthday. On my 14th birthday, Santiago died. On my 15th birthday, Clarissa died and now I tried to kill myself on my 16th. How long is this going to go on?? Maybe I'll be different this time. Maybe no one will die.

A/N (ICW)=(Insert Cuss Word)