Chapter 3

*Underage Drinking*

   We ended up going to a party with a bunch of 10th graders. Once we got there everyone split up to go talk to people. I didn't know anyone there so I went to the mini bar they had. I stuck out like a sore thumb. Everyone was wearing skimpy clothing and here I was wearing a black hoodie and a pair of dark jeans.. I saw Clarissa across the room and she looked different somehow. I haven't seen her in a few months and she looked like she had a glow up. I have no chance with her but it wouldn't hurt to talk to her. I walk towards her but she doesn't spot me and starts walking the other way. She went to go play spin the bottle with some of the other people. Jooeun and Macey were playing too. I decided to join them.

"Ummm can I join you guys?"

"I call spinning first!" Macey shouts

It lands on me.

"Hell, no! I'm not kissing him! Ewwwwwww!" Macey says quickly.

"Nope, you have to it's the rules," Jooeun said

"Well fuck the rules. I'm out." Macey said as she leaves.

"What a bummer, well Jake do you want to go next?" Jooeun asks handing me the bottle.

Macey comes back and kisses me on the lips. "The hell was that about?" She runs off and Jooeun catches up to her.

"I'll spin next"

I spin the bottle and it lands on Clarissa. I smile and lean in for a kiss. It was just a peck, nothing more.

The rest of the night was fun. I talked with Clarissa a little bit after the game. We decided on meeting at lunch the next day and I ended up getting her number. After the party me and Macey get a lift home from one of Macey's friends. Jooeun had disappeared somewhere in the party. She'll probably find her way home.

When I got back home, snuck quietly into the house and got to my bed. I try to go to sleep when the thought of Santi came back to my head. He would still be alive if I didn't exist. My own words bounced in my head. Turning around, burying my face into the pillow, I cried myself to sleep.

*the next day*

I go to lunch and look for Clarissa. I see her at the table outside and I go to her.

"Hey Clarissa," waving at her as soon as I got close enough.

Looking confused she replied, "Who are you again?"

"Uhh, we met at the party yesterday?" I replied. Sitting down in an empty seat.

"I met a lot of people at the party yesterday. So I don't remember your name."

"Oh I'm Jake"

"Hi Jake"

It was a bumpy start but we ended up connecting really well that day. I really wanted to ask her out, on a date. I send her a text.

J-Hey Clarissa

C- Heyyyy

J- I'm not a photographer but I can picture us together

C- Ummm wrong number lollllllllll

J- Nooooo I love uuuuu don't leave

C- Omg I love u tooooo

J- marry me!

C- No

J- whyyyyy

C- I love another man

J- who!

C- It is.... YOU

J- Hit or miss

C-I guess they never miss huh

C- You hit gold babe

A/N there are a lot of time skips... sorry (ICW)=(Insert Cuss Word)