Sam Wilson (Falcon)

"Mommy!" A voice yelled.

I let out a sigh as I set up and looked over and saw the other side of my bed empty. I stood up and smiled softly as I walked to my eight year old son's room and saw him sitting on his bed with tears streaming down his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I sent him a smile.

"There is a monster in my closet." He said as he whipped his face.

"A monster! I can't have that." I said as I walked to the closet.

"Okay Monster! You got to go my kid needs sleep." I said as I put my hands on my hips.

I waited a second and shook my head.

"Alright! You leave me no choice." I said as I opened the door and walked in.

I made a little noise and then came out and dusted my hands.

"There you go. He won't be bothering you again." I said as I walked up to him and kissed his forehead.

"Mommy... when will Daddy be back?" He asked softly.

"I don't know." I said softly.

"I miss him." He said as he laid down and pulled his cover over him.

I let out a sigh and kissed his forehead and turned and walked out of the room. I made it to the kitchen and let out a sigh as I picked up the picture of me with my husband when I gave birth to our son.

"Sam.... I miss you." I said through tears.

I covered my mouth and cried as I put the picture down. I heard a knock on my front door and frowned as I whipped the tears away and walked to the door. I slowly opened it and I felt tears stream down my face as I came face to face with my husband.

"Sorry I've been gone so long." He said with a smile.

I rushed up and wrapped my arms around his neck as I pulled him into a deep kiss. He wouldn't tell me how he came back, or what all had happened.... and I didn't care. I was just happy he was back in my arms.