Captain America

Angst

I let out a laugh as Steve blew kisses into my stomach.

"Stop!" I squealed out.

"Never." He said as he leaned down and kissed me.

I let out a sigh and pulled him closer.

"I love you." I whispered against his lips.

"I love you more." He said softly.

"Promise me you will never leave." I whispered as he pulled away.

"I swear, I will never leave you." He said softly.

Time skip

I smiled as I watched Steve get ready to leave with the stones.

"I love you." He said as he sent me a smile.

"Love you more." I said softly.

Something told me that this would be goodbye, something told me that.... I wouldn't see him again. I watched as he disappeared and get Bucky put an arm around me.

"He's not coming back... is he?" I asked through tears.

He shook his head no and put an arm around me. I let out a sob as I cried into his chest. My whole future with Steve disappeared in an instant. I quickly turned and walked away, deciding that it was time for me to go home. When I arrived I saw that it was empty. The pictures of me and Steve were still there, but his clothes were gone and the bed was a mess. I plopped down mad gently picked up the picture of us on our nightstand.

"I hope she makes you happy." I whispered through tears.

I curled up in a ball on my bed and let out a sob. All I wanted was him back, but I knew he wouldn't return. He had Peggy and he didn't need me any more. I soon heard the door open and stayed hidden under my covers.

"I never break a promise." A soft voice said.

I quickly set up and my eyes went wide.

"Steve?" I asked through tears.

He sent me a gentle smile and walked up to me. He pulled me against his chest and I let out a sob.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it... I did... but I couldn't leave you... not when I loved you so much." He said as he captured my lips with his.