Chapitre 10

Rhys was still shocked by what he's just seen. First, he saw Azriel cried, now he just saw Azriel hugging someone, actually hugging someone. In all his lifetime, he thinks he had never seen Azriel hugging someone because he's too shy, introvert. From the time Eileánóir arrived in their lives, he knew there was something between these two. He had tried to enter her mind to see what was the problem but he immediately got out because he saw the atrocities that she had gone through in the Autumn Court. 

"You'll have to tell us how you killed every Hybern soldier," Cassian said, "you scared the shit out of our soldiers." Eileánóir smiled and looked at him. 

"I can't help you, I... I don't know how I did it," she began," I just looked at my hands then at the soldiers, I wanted to protect us and then... poof !"

"Poof? That's how you describe mass murder?" Mor said, fire in her eyes. So it's not gonna be friendly then. 

"Mor," Azriel said sharply," you're not helping." She raised her eyebrows as the rest of the Inner Circle. In more than five hundred years, Azriel had never spoken to Mor this way. 

"Excuse me but if she doesn't know how she did it, it means that she's dangerous. She could do this to one of us!" Mor shouted. 

"Hey! I'm right there!" Eileánóir said. 

Mor turned to look at her. "Yes, I know you're here, creating problems  since you came in the Night Court!" Eileánóir flinched. Good , she thought, that hit home. 

"Enough!" Rhys said. He turned to Mor. "You, get out, now." Silence fell into the room after Mor slammed the door. Cassian looked at Azriel, then at Eileánoir with an apology look. 

"I'm gonna go check on her." 

After Cassian left, Feyre looked at her mate. "What just happened exactly?" Rhys made a move to show Feyre that they both had to get out and talk about this, leaving Azriel and Eileánoír alone. 

They stayed at least a few minutes silent, only hearing Mor shouting on Cassian then silence fell again. 

"I'm sorry for what Mor told you," Azriel began but Eileánóir cut him off. 

"She's right," she said, looking blankly at the floor. Azriel reacted in a second and lift her head up a bit by her chin. 

"Don't you dare thinking that," he said. "She had no right to tell you that and she had never been so wrong in her entire life." He took her head with his hands. "Hey, look at me," she smiled a bit which made him smile. "Believe me, you don't create any problems, actually, you solved one and saved many people today." She lost her smile, thinking about the battlefield. She knows that if she hadn't done that, many of her friends would have died. Many of the citizens here, as well as children. She knows that what she did what the right thing to do but she can't stop thinking about these men disappearing in one thought. They could have a wife, children, a life like her. What made them more likely to die than others? Maybe they didn't choose to go to war. She thought of the two world wars that happened in her world. These men on the battlefield had been taken from their home to kill people they don't want to. Perhaps it was the same thing in Hybern. She killed these men, and the guilt will follow her in her grave. 

She didn't realize that Azriel was talking to her until he let go of her head. 

"I know how you feel Eil'," he began, not looking at her. "I killed a lot of people in the five hundreds of years that I lived." He looked at his hands. "I don't like it but it's my job," he finally looked at her. "I know that these lives will haunt you, I can't tell you that you will forget, but you'll have to live with it." She seemed lost, she looked like a child. 

"How am I supposed to live it?" she asked, her voice cracking. 

"It gets better with the years, I promise." 

***

Azriel had left the room and Helion had joined her instead. 

"So, I heard it went good with Mor?" he smiled to his friend. Eileánóir let out a small laugh.

"Don't get me on that," she said. "It's been a while that she had been distant with me, throwing knives with her eyes but she had never spoken to me like that." She sighed. She doesn't know why Mor reacts like that. Azriel's love for her is obvious so if they're not together yet it means that she doesn't like him. So why is she being mean to her? It's obvious that it's because of Azriel that she doesn't like her. She must have seen her look at him when he doesn't look. 

"Do you know why she's acting like that?" Helion asked, sitting on a chair. Eileánóir shook her head and Helion sighed. 

"I mean, it looks like Mor is jealous but I don't know why," she threw her arms in the air. "Everybody knows that Azriel loves her. If she wants him, she just has to snap her fingers and he'll come." She winced. "It sickens me," she finally said.

Helion was smirking. Of course, Eileánóir liked Azriel. And by what he saw at his court, he seemed to like her too. This is going to be so much fun. 

"I really don't know what makes you smile," she said arching a brow. 

"You'll see that I'm always smiling Darling," he winked at her then stood up. 

"I need to go back to my court but if you want to talk, you can come anytime in my court."

She smiled. "Thank you, Helion." 

And there she was left alone with her feelings, again. 

-----------------------

Yes, I'm alive. I'm so sorry for not posting for so long but I was so busy with school... But now I graduated so I'll be available for two months until university! 

I know, this part is not that good, sorry