Chapter 26

They hadn't set a foot on the ground of the camps that they could already hear men screaming. Devlon, as well as another man, was screaming and pushing what looked like an Illyrian woman, seeing her wings clipped in the back. Heat was already rising in Eileanoir's body as he heard what names they were calling the woman. As soon as she felt the ground under her feet, she walked to the scene that was happening, white shadows, who just appeared around her, shooting at the men, sending them flying away from the woman. 

"Call any woman again with those words and I'll kill you," She walked to Devlon who snarled at her. 

"I won't be taking orders from a human bitch like you," he said, standing on his feet again. 

Eileánóir arched an eyebrow. "Say that again?" She sent him flying again then went to the woman to see if she was okay. 

Watching this scene, Azriel was proud but still worried about what could happen. "Are you sure you should be letting her do that?" He turned to Cassian, who should be the one trying to calm down everyone to avoid a revolution in the camps. 

"I'm tired of Devlon's bullshit, let her kick his ass, I'll deal with him later," Cassian said, a little smile on his face, satisfied about seeing Devlon being kicked by a woman. 

Cassian's smile disappeared when he saw Devlon walking toward Eileánóir, clearly wanting to hurt her but didn't have time to react that she turned to the Illyrian, pissed off and wrapped her shadows around him, stopping him from doing anything to her. Devlon's face became white as his feet left the ground, not from flying with his wings who were clearly blocked, but from Eileánóir's shadows. As she walked, the ruler of the camp, his feet still not touching the ground, moved with her. Devlon started to panic internally as he saw that she was walking him to a cliff. 

"Let me go!" He snarled, spat at her. 

Eileánóir smirked and stopped walking when Devlon's feet were in the void. "If I let you go now, you'll die," she said, still smiling. Confirming what she said, Devlon tried to move his wings but somehow, the human in front of him had blocked them. 

"What did you do to my wings?" Devlon said, finally showing that he was panicked and actually scared. 

Eileánóir tilted her head, arching a brow with a smirk. "Now you know how it feels to be one of them," she showed the group of Illyrian women that was watching the scene with awe. 

She finally let go of Devlon, throwing him on the ground with her shadows then turned to the other Illyrian men who now looked frightened by her. 

"If I hear that something like this happen again," she looked at each man in their eyes. "If you so much then look one of these women badly, I'll deal with you myself," she looked back at Devlon. "And I won't be as nice as today." 

Everyone in the camp was shocked by what just happened, the members of the Inner Circle present there included. Cassian and Azriel had seen those white shadows before but they had just appeared for a few seconds and didn't interact with anyone. 

"Were those your shadows?" Azriel turned to his High Lord who had just appeared behind the shadowsinger. He looked tired but had still come to try to deal with Devlon. Turned out someone had already taken the job. 

"I'm afraid it's not," Azriel turned back to look at his mate, "which makes the whole thing even more confusing." 

Rhysand watched his friend's mate talking with the woman as he tried to understand how could she have those powers when she was just a human. Or was she? 

He frowned, thinking of every odd thing he had observed around her, things that she did that a human couldn't do. How she killed everyone on the battlefield in Summer, how, as he heard from Feyre, she had created wings for herself, how she had learned to winnow in less than a week. All of those things and still, she looked human, she came from the continent which is human lands and she smelled like a human too. 

Eileánóir walked back to the Inner Circle, passing in front of Cassian. "Train me so I can train the women here." They could still see some white shadows lingering around her body, a lot like Azriel's shadows do. 

"Yes ma'am," Cassian chuckled. He felt so much pride in seeing his brother's mate dealing with Devlon's shit. 

Eileánóir walked in front of everyone as they were getting out of the camps, the Illyrian brothers walking behind discussing what had just happened. 

"Did you ask Helion about what Eileánóir could be?" Cassian looked at Rhysand. The High Lord had told them a few days ago that he would do some research about Azriel's mate's powers and Helion was the perfect source of information in Prythian for those kinds of things. 

"I did," the High Lord said, looking at the human in front of him, always analyzing her and trying to find something in her mind. "But he has nothing in his libraries that could explain her powers." He sighed. "He told me that she could simply be the daughter of a powerful fae without knowing it but no fae in Prythian has those kinds of powers." 

"Could it be the Cauldron?" Cassian asked, thinking about how Feyre's sisters had ancient powers because of the Cauldron. 

"It could explain her powers but she didn't have any contact whatsoever with it since she got in Prythian," Azriel finally spoke. As much as he loved seeing his mate so powerful, he was scared of what could happen. If it's indeed the Cauldron, like Feyre's sisters, It's gonna want Its powers back. But how could she have stolen the Cauldron's powers? They were never in contact with it so it would have had to happen on the continent or in the mortal lands and that's not possible either. Perhaps Helion is right, she could be the descendant of some kind of powerful fae that they don't know the existence of but it's odd that a human who lives so far away from Prythian could descend from someone from here. 

"What are you plotting behind me?" Eileánóir's words caught the attention of the males who had stopped looking at her for a few seconds and what they saw when looking back confused them even more than before. 

"Azriel?" Rhys spoke first. "Are those your shadows?" He asked again as new shadows appeared around Eileánóir. 

"No, they're not." Azriel was as confused as them. 

Some shadows were now black. 

---

I'm so sorry for that long break I took, I don't have any excuse except I didn't have the motivation to write. 

I hope you still enjoy reading my story. Talking about that, I'm so excited to tell you that my school asked me to do a work around editing and I thought it would have been a good idea to create a cover for this story and print it for a book. (I can't sell it of course but I'm still so excited at the idea of having a physical copy of that story) 

So please share in the comments if you have any ideas for a possible cover (I have to work on EDesign and Photoshop for it) 

Would you also like a Halloween special for the next chapter? Like it would be outside of the storyline, just a chapter about a moment of life around Halloween with the Inner Circle? Please tell me in the comments 

Have a good day! :)