Chapter 4

"Any news on Eileánóir?" Azriel stood up fast as Mor entered the house. "Did you find her?" he ran to the blonde girl, hopeful that she'll have information on his mate. 

Mor winced and pinched her nose, groaning in the process. "Yes," she closed her eyes, trying to calm the pounding in her head. "I'm exhausted and have a terrible headache, please let me settle for a second and I'll tell you everything." 

She sat on the couch in the living room as everyone gathered around her to her what she had to say. As she saw that no one will leave her alone for a second until she told them what happened on the continent, she sighed and relaxed on the couch, putting her legs on the coffee table. 

"I talked to her," she began, looking at Azriel who let a relieved sigh and let himself sink onto the couch opposite to Mor. "As we expected, she didn't recognize me," she continued, massaging her temples to relieve the pain. "But she does remember little things from Prythian, only she thinks it's made up in her dreams." Cassian turned his head to her, his eyes hopeful to bring his friend back quicker than they expected. 

"What does she remember?" Feyre asked, sitting beside Mor. The air in the room was tense. Everyone was hanging to Mor's lips, wondering who Eileánóir remembered from here and what happened during the whole week Mor was gone. 

"She doesn't remember anyone," Mor said, everyone feeling a little bit disappointed, Cassian looking at his brother with sad eyes, feeling sorry for him that his mate doesn't remember him. He doesn't know how he would react if Nesta just forgot everything about his existence. 

"She does remember places though," the fae continued. "the Rainbow and the cottage mostly," she looked at Azriel, looking down in the void, in his thoughts. Her heart broke at this sight and she felt terrible that she couldn't bring his mate back to him yet. 

"What did you do during this whole week?" It was Rhysand's turn to ask a question, brows furrowed, already thinking about how much time it will take to bring Azriel's mate back here. 

"A lot of things," she began. "including partying last night, which is why I have a headache" she stood up. Rhysand turned to Nuala and Cerridwen who had been listening, hidden in the shadows of the room. They understood the silent command and brought something to Mor to relieve her pain so she could continue her story. He feared for his cousin in this foreign world and hoped they would be done with it as quickly as possible. 

~

Only a full hour later, Mor finished talking about her week with Eileánóir. She had spotted her in the main street of the city Azriel and she had guessed to be where Eil' could be. She'd followed her to a building that she understood later to be a school. There, she observed how people were acting, and then used whatever Rhys had arranged for her to enter the school and approach the girl. It had been weird at first, pretending that she didn't know her and acting as if she wasn't totally lost in this world but she got the hang of it and after a week, she had already grown quite closer to Eileánóir. She had actually just gotten out of a party where Eil' had invited her and that is why she had been in such a bad mood. 

"I didn't see Eileánóir as a party girl," Amren said, picking at her red perfectly painted nails. 

"Me neither," Mor said but let out a small laugh, memories of the night before resurging in her mind. She quickly brushed the memories back as she felt his cousin's eyes on her side and got back to telling everyone how Eileánoir was. 

"So I can come with you now," Azriel stated standing up, determined to see his mate. Mor stood up quickly and groaned again from her headache before looking at the shadowsinger. 

"You can't," she said. "Not yet," she added with a small voice. 

Azriel turned to the blonde fae quickly, clearly annoyed. "I've already waited long enough, I need to see her!" he slammed his fist on the couch. The males in the room said nothing as they imagined being in his place and having to wait to see their mate again after losing them twice. It was Elain who spoke for the first time since Mor arrived. 

"Mor is right," she began with her soft voice. "She can't just bring you out of the blue like that and present you to Eil'," she looked at Mor for a second, like she knew something the others didn't then added as she turned back to Azriel: "let her handle the situation." 

The spymaster looked at Elain, then at everyone who seemed to agree with her. After some time, he sighed and sat back on the couch, admitting his defeat for now. 

"Azriel," Elain spoke again which brought everyone's attention to her. "I promise you'll see her soon," she smiled softly at him to try to calm him down. He frowned at her then relaxed, realising that she said that because she must have seen it in a vision. He trusted her to tell the truth and would hold back for now, but he could feel that Mor wasn't telling everything and he feared what it could be. 

~

Mor finally settled into the bubble bath Nuala had prepared for her and sighed as her muscles relaxed in the water. Her week had been really stressful but as she was in the quiet of her room, she could admit to herself that the most stressful part was coming back here to everyone expecting her to tell them everything that had happened. The fact that she didn't want to leave Eileánóir after spending a week with her, that, she wouldn't admit it to herself, not yet. 

She wouldn't have thought spending time in Eileánóir's world would have taken so much of her energy and didn't know how long she would be able to keep up like that but she would do it, for her. For Eileánóir. 

--

hey :) hope you enjoyed this chapter! make sure to leave a comment, I love reading about your thoughts while reading and your theories :) 

already almost 85K reads! this number is madness to me, thank you so much to everyone still keeping up with this story even after the multiples breaks I took on this story!