Chap. 60: Beach Day(te)

(Picture of Nicholas "Nick" Peterson Above)
*Brooke's POV*

        So we left Evan alone to handle Bob, who was going to come to the house with the fanily council. Nick and I went to the beach. He wore tight, neon pink shorts and he showed off his ridiculously muscular body. If Renee was here, she'd be sick at how photoshopped he looks in real life. Rock hard muscles bulging, skin fake spray tanned. I wonder if he uses striods. Drew would drool for sure, as would Lucy I'm sure.
         The moment Nick saw me in my bathing suit, I wish I had worn an orange prison jumpsuit. Maybe Nick's eyes wouldn't have raked down my body hungrily and he wouldnt have bit his lip sexily. I tried to ignore it and reminded myseld that he was going through his second divorce. But I couldn't help but notice how his hands brushed up against the bare parts of my side as he tried to teach me how to surf. And not to mention when he got a boner when I accidentlly fell on top of him when he tackled me to grab the frisbee, then acted embarrassed because of it. Maybe it's all in my head. Maybe I'm just waiting for another man to do what Preston did to me so I can have a resson to bot get not close to anyone. Maybe, just maybe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Nick and I walk up to the little restuarant by the beach. He opens the door for me and we walk in, sitting at the bar.
           "Two beers." Nick nods.
           "I'll have water, thank you." I smile awkwardly, trying to be funny and nice.
            Nick gives me a confused but smiling look. "Are you not old enough to drink or something?"
             I laugh dryly. "No, its not that. I'm 23-years-old."
              "Then what is it?" He presses on, his eyes flickering over towards the sports tv. "Can't take your liquor?"
            "Let's just say that the last time I was adound drunk men, I couldn't get away." I say in a lower tone, reminiscing that awful night. "Took a miracle to get over it too."
           "Evan." Nick says in a low voice, "It took Evan to get over what those monsters did to you, didn't it? Jesus."
          Annoyed my his profanity, I add "He got me through it too."
            Suddenly, a bunch if guys walk by. They cheer loudly at the soccer game on the screen. I roll my eyes at their--I gasp loudly as my ass is squeezed. Hard. My cheeks blush red with embarrassment. OH MY GOD! Nick is grabbing my ass! Angrily, I shove him off of me. My ass throbs where he grabbed me.
               "What the hell?!" I slap him as hard as I can in the face, he barely moves from the weak impact. "I was nice to you!"
               "Really? Cause I thought that was flirting--" Nick shrugs, "Or that's what I am going to tell Evan when you blab."
              I grab his drinks and splash it in his face, Nick howls from the alcohol in hsi eyes. Everyone on the bar turns and looks at us in shock. As if it were a show.
         "No wonder you can't keep a wife, asshole! Evan, MY BOYFRIEND—YOU'RE FRIEND, is going to kill you when he finds out grabbed my ass!" I turn and run out, not looking back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I called Evan immediately and drove down the road a bit until I had to pull over. I was speeding. God, what is it that makes men want to grab or rape or fling themselves on me? I'm not even that attractive! God.
            The sound of Evan's voice brings tears to my eyes. "Brooke, I can't talk right now—"
            "Baby," I cry, he pauses "Nick grabbed my ass in this restaurant place we went to after the beach. He just grabbed my ass and told me that he'd tell you that I was flirting when I wasn't!"
             There's a long period of silence. I wonder if Evan had already hung up on me. Something doesn't feel right with this silence.
                "Brooke," Evan says annoyed "I'm busy right now. Don't come home for another hour. But when you do, we're going to have a LONG talk."
                   "Baby, Evan, please—" I start to say but the line gets cut off.
                    The hell?