Brandons POV

I don't remember thinking about my past so much as i have today. I've thought about how care free and bright and silly I was, without a care in the world. I thought I had the perfect life. Until I met Cameron, then it became better. We've been next door neighbors since I was five, almost twelve years ago. He was the funniest person I have ever met. His eyes were the prettiest blue and reminded me of the ocean, his hair was a dirty blond like the sand. Almost everyday we would wake up and without any hesitation, we would run to our combined backyard. It was that simple. We even skipped and played football in our dreams. That's all we ever did. You see, we both live in a big neighborhood (I don't like the word 'Rich' because some people get offended by that) so we have a pretty big backyard. There was a swing-set, a soccer net, a tire swing, anything that could entertain toddlers, and it did! Me and Cameron stayed out there 24/7 until one of our mothers would call us in for pie or delicious cookies. And our lives went on like that for the longest time, we were best friends and nothing could change that. We would sit under the stars and hold hands as our eyelids began to droop down.

"Hey, Cameron?" I remember whispering

"Yes...." He responded, fingers still intertwined as our eyes met

"Can we stay like this forever? I mean....stay friends?" His blue eyes shown more bright and beautiful in the light of the moon. That is one image I will never forget

"Of course! I wanna grow old and grumpy with you!" He said in his little six year old voice that might sound a little bit silly now. He pulled my tiny body into his and we stayed like that, just enjoying each others presence.

I thought he would've kept his promise, but they are just too easy to break

Even though Cam was a grade ahead of me, he would walk with me to school and show me my classes. Some older kids gave us weird looks when they saw our intertwined fingers as we walked down the huge halls, but we didn't mind. I depended on him to wait for me after classes were over so we could go home and eat cookies and play outside. It went on like that for about eight more years, and that's when Cam started high school. He was so afraid of not being liked or being bullied. I knew that he had nothing to worry about, he was charming and funny!

I was right. But sometimes I wish I hadn't been. He won over everyone with his humor and athletic abilities. He was even made football captain as a freshman. All the girls and even some boys would throw themselves at him, wanted nothing more but to use him. I told him that but he said I was just saying non-sense. For some reason, even though all those girls were gorgeous and smart, he always denied them. I guess he's trying to concentrate on school and sports which is the best way to go.

Soon, it was like Cameron forgot about me. I was in 8th grade, with no one to walk me to my classes. No one to greet me after school. No one to make me smile like he did.

I thought he would've kept his promise, but they are just too easy to break.....

-----------------------------------

Written by: Paige