Esther was in the living room and made a spell so her children wouldn't be able to get out of the living room, making them be obligated to listen to her.

"I came back because I want us to be a family again. To be what we never were." Esther said.

"You hurt Elena!" Elijah said angry.

"I wanted to warn you so you would know I come in peace."

"Is that why Bonnie and Elena got hurt when you decided to contact Elena?" Rebekah asked, feeling defensive of her friends.

"Mother, What is the real reason you're here?" Kol asked annoyed.

"I want us to be a real family."

"You want to kill me." Klaus said.

"No. You are my child. You did make many mistakes but I see this as a way for us to start over." Esther smiled. "That's why I told Elena that I wanted to make a party to celebrate our family coming together as one."

"Then where is Finn? Wasn't he your favorite one? Why not get him back too?" Kol asked.

"I love you all the same. Finn is at peace. It wouldn't be right for me to take that away from him." Esther said and then the Mikaelson heard someone breaking down the door.

"Stay still I am armed!" April yelled quickly running to the entrance of the living room with her taser.

"With a taser?" Esther asked.

"Yeah! It's purple but it can hurt a lot." April said.

"Nik!" Caroline yelled and ran to Klaus's arms, only to be stopped by an invisible barrier. "What the hell?"

"Niklaus, you really need to give her some lessons about etiquette."

"You know, you're only giving me more reasons to torture you after this!" Caroline said because she felt very protective of Klaus.

"Why don't you want them in here?" Rebekah asked Esther.

"Because this is a family reunion. Not a friend and family hang out." Esther said.

"They are our family too!" Rebekah said.

"What?"

"Mother, I used to believe family was only about people with whom we share blood... but I've come to acknowledged family is more than blood. They are our family." Elijah said.

"Fine. Then I'll make the celebration tonight and they will host with us."

"What is your not at all scary mother talking about?" April asked Kol.

"She is trying to convince us to make a party to celebrate her being back and trying to make us believe this is a start of us being a family." Kol shrugged.

"That's kinda nice." April smiled.

"Do you really want to be again a family?" Elena asked Esther.

"Yes. That's why I come back." Esther said.

"You know that before anything you need to show them that there's trust. Trust is won." Caroline said.

"Yes, Caroline is right. And with this, you're not showing them that you trust them nor giving them motives to trust you." Elena said.

"Do you even know how stubborn my children are? This is the only way to get them to stay in the same room."

"We are very aware. But this is no way to get your family together." Stefan said.

"Mrs. Mikaelson, I know we didn't start with the right foot but we can change that. I mean, I use to think Klaus was unbearable and now I think he isn't all that bad." Caroline said.

"You say the sweetest things about me, Caroline Forbes." Klaus smirked.

"Anyway, what I'm trying to say is give us a chance and we might help you to have you all be a family again."

"Fine." Esther said and broke the barrier spell, making Caroline run to kiss Klaus, Elena go hug Elijah tightly, Kol vamp speed to hug April and whisper how proud of her he was and Stefan to hug Rebekah. "I'm going to go shopping and then I'll be back to pick a room."

"Are you trying to tell us that you'll be living here?" Klaus asked.

"Correct."

"Would you like some help in choosing new outfits?" Elena asked with a small smile.

"No need for that. You should start to prepare the details for the ball we will throw tonight." Esther said and left.

"Last minute party planning. This just gives me such a rush. We have so much to do!" Caroline said and started to make a list.

***

They were all preparing the ball, which was slightly easier with Klaus's minions doing most of the work.

"I don't understand why we have to do what you say." One of Klaus's hybrids said to Caroline.

"Because I told you to do what she would tell you to do." Klaus said in a very serious tone then he whispered to Caroline's ear. "Can we speak in private for a second?"

"Of course." Caroline smiled to Klaus and after giving the hybrids a few more orders, she followed Klaus to his room.

"Love, why are you trying to help my mother?" Klaus asked confused.

"Aww! My sweet, sweet Nik... I'm only trying to get on her good side. I don't want her to get suspicious of me, I want her to trust me so we be able to be one step ahead of her."

"I love when you make devious plans, love." Klaus whispered and kissed her.

"Nik, I don't trust her. Promise me you'll be careful."

"You're talking to the big bad wolf." Klaus smirked but Caroline gave him a look. "Don't worry, Love. I promise."

"When I called you and she answered the call, I got so scared."

"I loved how protective you got." Klaus smirked.

"Of course I got protective. I love you. You are the love of my life." Caroline whispered and Klaus smirked and kissed her softly.

"You're the love of my life. I spend a thousand years simply waiting for you." Klaus whispered and kissed her again.

" Klaus whispered and kissed her again