a look at their instagram(s) pt.4: angelique vers.

I introduce to you, Angelique Beauregard!

Her background/history:

Angelique is slightly younger than the Toma team but older than the Blackbourne team, which means she's on the edge of being a millennial and a Gen Z kid - but up until a few years ago she knew nothing about the internet.

She grew up in a travelling circus in France, and the only thing she ever knew was performing.

Unfortunately, the people who ran the circus were shitty human beings and abused their workers. Because Angelique grew up this way, she didn't know it was wrong to be treated like crap.

When a team from the Academy visits a town in which the travelling circus were going to perform, they witness some of the older members of the circus being beaten.

With the help of the Academy's team, the circus is shut down and out of business, and all of the people who worked there were taken care of.

Because Angelique was one of the youngest performers, the Academy gave her a choice of where she wanted to go with her life. She took a chance, and in turn, the Academy took her in and taught her how to be "normal" and how to cope with modern society.

After spending two years with the Academy, she met the Toma team, who made her feel amazing in so many ways. They got to know each other and feelings developed.

The Toma team and Angelique were assigned to several missions together and it became clear that they wanted be together, in a polyamorous relationship - though it did take them a fair amount of time to figure everything out.

There's a fair amount of conflict between Angelique and Kayli, but they try to stay civil - afterall, Angelique stayed through hard times and has shown the utmost support for the Toma team (and Kayli helped the Toma team a bit before she left to be with a rich kid with questionable past-times.)

It's not easy being in a relationship with anybody, and they're in a situation that gives Angelique five boyfriends, and gives five boys one girlfriend.

Communication is key! And Angelique tries to help Sang learn that too.

Gabriel met Angelique about a year and a half after she was taken in by the Academy, and they almost immediately clicked.

Part of what helped them get to know each other so well was the fact that Gabriel is fluent in her Mother-Tongue, which made her relax more around him.

Angelique needed him - as anchor and guide through this new chapter of her life - and he needed her, as a figure of support but also as someone who showed freely and obviously that she needed him as much as he wanted to be needed. Together, they learned how to be cut-throat about protecting what and who they love.

Ever since they figured each other out, they've been as close to each other as one can be, and they're like siblings - the ones they never got, never asked for, but will always love.

Gabriel introduced her to Sang when Sang was having a panic attack in the public restrooms in the Academy's hospital. Angelique bonded with Sang because she showed her a different kind of support and affection that Sang never knew she needed.

Sang and Angelique are extremely close, but both are slightly socially inept, in very different ways.

Angelique is brash because she was taught how to live in the outside world by the Toma team and Gabriel, while Sang is timid because, before she found everyone, it was all she could afford to be.

It's a stark contrast - one girl having only ever known to perform and now being taught that she can be loud and that she's free(!!) with men who had to learn similar things themselves, versus a girl who's being taught that she's allowed to ask for help and not every bad thing ever is her fault.