Part Thirteen | As Long As I Have The Stars

Začít od začátku

Brody: You excited? :) x

Clementine casts a glance at the top of her phone to check the time.

5:54 pm. Six minutes.

Clementine: Very :) x

She smiles to herself as she locks her phone, holding the device close to her chest before lacing up the ties on her boots and taking one final look in the mirror. She ruffles her loose hair and watches as a few strands fall in front of her face, she blows them out of her eyes but they return to their original place and Clementine sighs, deciding to leave the curls as they are.

5:57 pm. Three minutes.

From outside a car door slams shut and Clementine feels her heart pump adrenaline through her body as she races downstairs, taking the steps two at a time. She passes the living room and rolls her eyes to see Lee and AJ fast already fast asleep on the sofa, the TV lighting up their sleeping faces in the dark room.

Clementine throws the wool blanket that rests on the arm of the sofa over her father and brother as she notes the chill in the air. She smiles at them contently before turning to the kitchen and pulling a page from her college notebook. Clementine grabs one of AJ's red markers and scrawls out a quick note for Lee to find when he wakes up.

Off on my date with Violet, I've got my phone and keys with me, I won't be back too late – Clementine xx

5:59 pm. There's a soft knock on the front door.

Clementine quickens her pace and pulls open the front door, remembering what happened the last time she was standing on her doorstep smiling down at Violet.

"Hi," Violet says, she's holding a small bouquet of flowers in her right hand, the colourful petals spill from the plastic wrapping and Violet holds the gift towards her girlfriend with a smile on her face.

Clementine holds her hands out and accepts the flowers with a smile forming on her lips as she finds her heart swelling at the gesture. "Violet" she breathes smelling the sweet scents of the collection of flowers inside the bouquet, "this is so lovely, thank you," she says throwing her arms around her girlfriend in a tight hug. Violet smells like vanilla and cherries and Clementine smiles harder when she feels Violet's arms wrap around her waist.

Clementine pulls away only so she can softly kiss Violet, the blonde continues to hold onto her girlfriend tightly aware of the flowers lightly tickling her neck.

"I'm just gonna put these inside Vi," says Clementine as she pulls away, turning on her heel and entering her house, she fills a vase with water and places the flowers on the kitchen top by her note to Lee. She admires the flowers one more time before returning to Violet, closing the door and lacing her hands with her girlfriend's as they head to the car.

"Is this your car?" says Clementine as she clicks her seatbelt into place admiring the matte interior and leather steering wheel, Violet raises one eyebrow and scoffs as she turns on the engine.

"I don't have a car," she replies feeding the steering wheel through her hands as she indicates back onto the main road, "this is one of Louis's that he let me borrow for tonight."

Clementine nods with her eyes open wide "Oh wow, Louis is generous" she says. She can't keep her eyes of Violet. She drives so carefully and Clementine isn't sure if that's just her style of driving or if it's because her girlfriend is sitting in the passenger seat.

Violet chuckles and keeps her attention focused on the road, "yeah, he's alright" she teases. The car turns onto the straight road of the main street and Violet places her free hand on the central console, resting it against the armrest. Clementine places her hand on top on of Violet's and she squeezes it gently, resting her head against the glass window as she watches the world go by.