Goodnight, Mr. Shadow ~ danisnotonfire

You hear the wooden floorboards of the landing creak outside the door and someone's muffled swearing as you lie in bed, trying to sleep. A little smile lifts the corners of your mouth.

The door opens slowly. Light from the corridor trickles into the room, and a shadow is visible in the doorway.

It's a long shadow, stretched out, and topped of with a shock of brown hair and side swept fringe.

The shadow pushes the door closed and silently creeps into the room, not realising that you are awake and watching. In the yellow puddle of light cast by a street lamp outside your window, the shadow gets into its pyjamas. You stifle a giggle in the duvet as Mr. Shadow carefully folds his clothes and puts them gently on the rocking chair in the corner of a room.

He makes his way round to the other side of the bed, and you feel his warm hand on your back as he gently moves you over. Carefully, he lifts a corner of the duvet and snuggles down beside you.

You feel his hand lift the hair off your forehead, and his soft lips press a kiss to your cheek.

"Goodnight, love," he whispers.

A/N: I'm merging my Imagines and my miscellaneous book, just so you know. I hate having too many cluttering up my profile. This is basically the first thing I wrote in there, but now it's here!