The White Triangle in My Dreams

Start from the beginning

"JEALOUSY OF WHAT? YOUR ENGAGEMENT? YOU KILLED HIM NONETHELESS SO NONE OF IT MATTERED, RIGHT?"

She lowered her hand and bought my fist with it. She placed it back with me and stared off into the distance.

'Tell me, (Y/N).' She began. 'What do you know about the circumstances surrounding Circumference's death?'

I stared at her shocked with my mouth agape. She's so calm about this! But nevertheless I just sighed and told her what I knew.

"Well... He told me he got sick, Radius was found dead, he killed this guy because he was talking shit about you, Tess took his eye, Aster his leg and you killed him." I stressed the last part. She didn't even blink, was she that nonchalant about killing her own Fiancé? To be honest, right now looking at her - I can see exactly why he wanted to marry her, she was exquisitely beautiful, but that was a horrible choice.

'Don't you find it strange?' She asked softly, still staring off into the night sky.

"Find what strange?"

'I killed lots of people. Circumference- Fresh hadn't killed anyone. Yet when he killed one person we immediately killed him?'

"...Now that you mention it..." Why was he killed for killing one person when they've killed so many? This makes no sense.

'Did he mention lapses in memory after he got sick?'

"Yeah, he did."

'And he has no idea what happened during those moments he lost his memory?'

"...I don't think so."

'Okay. Okay.' A silence rang between us and during which I tried to punch her again. But she still paid no mind.

"Say, child, why do you think we killed him?"

'I don't know... He was getting stronger? Jealousy?'

She placed a tender hand on top of mine. I stared at it. It was extremely warm and I could feel a wave of calmness and peace wash over me as it was placed upon my own hand. "Now that I'm completely purified - I want to show you the truth. I think you deserve to know."

'What truth-'

She didn't let me finish my sentence before it felt like someone snatched my waist from behind and ran off with me in tow. I tried to scream as panic welled up in my stomach, but after feeling Trinity's warm hand on mine I calmed down slightly.

Finally, when everything stopped spinning, we were in a different place. It was still at night, though we were now in a small, cozy wooden cottage. There was a fireplace roaring in the corner of the room, showering everything in a warm orange light. There's a rocking chair, in it sitting a white-haired woman. Trinity? But she's standing right next to-

...Where did she go? Did she magically teleport into the rocking chair? I tried calling her name but she didn't respond. When I touched her shoulder, however, I found that my hand phased right through her like I was running my hand through water. Like she was a ghost. Or maybe I was the ghost... The interior of this cottage more or less matched the description Fresh gave me of her house. I may be just spouting out an outrageous claim - but was I viewing Trinity's memories?

No sooner had I looked around the cottage did I hear a loud, spine-chilling scream break the silent night air. The Trinity in the rocking chair immediately shot up, staring at the door. After a few seconds of hesitation she immediately stumbled out of her chair, running out as fast as her toned legs could carry her in a panic. I felt a strong urge to follow her, and I did so at the best of my ability as I sprinted after her. I didn't feel tired as I ran - I usually did.