3rd year

╔══          ≪       °❈°       ≫         ══╗

Lilly's pov

"Have you found a date for the yull ball yet?" Ginny whispered as we sat in the hall watching mcgonogal dance with Ron "not yet..." I said, my eyes darting over to the black haired boy with glasses who had the widest grin on his face as he watched his best friend stumble around with mcgonogal "Neville asked me" she whispered "No way!" I whispered "yea" she said with a small giggle "awk how cute!" I said with a smile "right everyone find a partner!" Mcgonogal said "you may go find Neville" I said nudging Ginny who only laughed, I walked down to the floor.

I turned round and began walking backward on my tip toes to see who was free, my back hit against something or someone and I turned round to see Harry, with no partner "partners?" I asked, he nodded and we found a space that was clear. Sadly it was also quite close to my dear brother "hey Potter get your hands off her" He spat "oh shut up Draco" I said. "Ignore him and just look at me and follow my steps" I said, I began to dance humming the tune to 1,2,3 in my head

"you're really good at this" he said "I learnt when I was young" I said with a smile, he spun me out and pulled me in before tipping me "perfect miss Malfoy and Mr Potter!" Mcgonogal said, I smiled "thank you professor" I said "hey Lilly over here now!" Draco hissed "I'll be right back" I said, rolling my eyes as I let go of Harry's hand and walked over "what?" I asked "what do you think you're doing?" He asked "dancing?" I replied

"you're dancing with Potter, do you understand how father would react if he seen you dancing with him" Draco said "screw what father would think! He's my friend whether you approve or not I don't care!" I spat, I began to walk away and he grabbed my arm "I'm only looking out for you" He said " I don't need you too, I'm quite capable of that myself" I said before joining Harry and beginning to dance again.

As I was looking through dresses mother had sent me with Ginny and Hermione I heard the boys complaining on the other side of the common room "if we don't get dates soon I won't be going. And with them dress robes mum sent I'll look a state anyway" Ron said "you still don't have a date?" Ginny asked, I started looking through the dresses and my eyes darted to a long red one with sparkles on the top and flowers at the bottom. I picked the dress and turned around "Should I wear this?" I asked the three, "oh merlin Lilly that's gorgeous!" Ginny squealed

"it's a yes then, Ginny, Hermione, I hope you told your mums not to stress about dresses and shoes as I knew mothers would send out too many. I've enough here to probably give one to near every girl in our dorm for merlins sake" I said with a laugh. After I got all the dresses up in my dorm and read for awhile I went down and seen Harry sitting by the fire "hey loner" I said with a laugh "hey" he said, "can I join" I asked "gladly" he said, patting the space beside him

"you done amazing in that last challenge" I said "thanks" he said "do you know what the next challenge is?" I asked "not really, but I think it has something to do with that golden egg" he said pointing to what Gryffindor was treating as a prized jewel in the corner "I'm sure you'll figure it out, you're the great Harry Potter" I said with a laugh "I have a crazy question to ask you...feel free to deny it but...how would you like to go to the yull ball with me" he asked "r..really?" I asked "only if you want I me-" "I'd love too! I mean...yes I'd really like that" I said with a smile. He smiled back and I gave him a hug "goodnight Harry Potter" I said getting up and going up the stairs the biggest smile on my face.

"It's the day it's the day!" Ginny shouted as we ran around the room getting ready "yes we know Ginny" i said with a laugh "and you get to walk down with Harry Potter of all people!" She squealed "would you sit please and let me curl your hair!" I said with a laugh. About an hour later we were both ready and it was time to head down "let's do this!" I said, we walked won the stairs to meet the boys. When Neville seen Ginny he smiled and I let go of her arm she she could walk down with him into the Hall, Harry hadn't stopped staring

"what? Do you not like the dress?" I asked "I do..I..you look amazing" he said "thank you" I said with a smile, my cheeks becoming quite red against my pale skin. We stood behind the others in line to make our entrance, I linked my arm with Harry's as we walked in. My eyes met Draco's who's face had become quite red with anger, I smirked and walked in getting into position "now keep calm okay...follow my lead" I said with a smile as we began to dance, he stumbled a couple times which made me laugh but I tried to remain as calm as possiable "and spin" he whispered as he spun me out and pulled me in, tipping me down and bringing me up slowly.

My eyes met his and he smiled "I'm glad you came with me" he said "I am too" I said as we danced around. Later in the night I had lost track of him and when I found him he was being shouted at, well more Ron than him "Now both of you bed now!" Hermione cried "wait Harry!" I said calling up the stairs, he looked at Ron and me before walking down the stairs "I've had an amazing night so far, I just need to calm him down and I'll be back down soon I promise" he said, I could feel the annoyance reaching my face but brushed it off "of course, if it was me and Ginny I would do the same" I said, he smiled before heading upstairs.

I sat down beside Hermione and let her cry for about an hour. When she got tired I helped her upstairs and brought her up to her dorm. As I was walking down the stairs I met Harry on my way "do you wanna head down to the dance now?" He asked "why don't we go for a walk" I said, he nodded taking my hand as we ran out of the common room. We walked through the courtyard but he stopped me when he seen snape "what is it?" I whispered "shhhh"

I nodded as we listened to the conversation. After we listened he looked confused "why would he want him to roll up his sleeve?" Harry asked "and what's there to be scared of?" He questioned "Harry stop thinking before your head explodes. I know you're Harry Potter and you save this school at least once a year but does that really have to be tonight? Maybe we should go back to the dance and you should allow yourself one night not to be worrying about he who must not be named and merlin knows what else....yes?" I said, he nodded and I dragged him back into the party and we danced the rest of the night.

╚══         ≪        °❈°        ≫          ══╝