#14: The Fun of Pregnancy...

Author: This is a part 2 to my "Great News!" Chapter!

It had been a few weeks since you had told Lou that you were pregnant, and his protectiveness of you just multiplied by a million.

He didn't let you go to work and had you stay in bed for most of the day, making sure that the Spy Girls and Mandy were with you so that they could get you what you needed whenever you started to crave for something.

And let's not forget about the fact that even if you got up to do something he'd always, ALWAYS have a robot go with you if he was too busy to go with you himself.

Honestly, he acted as if you were in danger no matter where you went.

Today was no different, but this time you weren't planning on listening to your husband when he said to 'get as much rest as you can.'

You sat in front of the oven, your [Favorite Color] apron tied on and your hair put up to keep it from getting in your face.

You had a pot sitting on the oven with a wooden spoon in your hand as you stirred your [Favorite Soup] for dinner.

You picked up a knife to cut up some vegetables for your soup, when you heard the door to your house open and close and footsteps walking down the hall.

You looked up and saw Lou walking passed the opening entrance to the kitchen down the hallway, probably to go to your bedroom.

You smiled and looked back down at the vegetables on the cutting board and continued to cut them up; you'd greet Lou later.

...Well...that's what you thought...

Just as soon as you heard the door to your bedroom open, you heard Lou scream in terror before running down the stairs.

Your eyes widened and you turned off the oven and put down the knife to go check on Lou, thinking that he got hurt.

But just as soon as you were about to walk out of the kitchen, a gust of wind suddenly flew passed you.

You rose a brow and looked down the hallway, only to see that Lou was freaking out and taking his phone out to call someone.

"Lou? Love, is something wrong?" You questioned, earning your husband's attention.

His head quickly whipped around to look at you and he let out a breath of relief.

He then quickly walked over to you and pulled you into a tight embrace and nuzzled into the crook of your neck.

"Please never do that again." He said, though it was a bit muffled.

You let out a chuckle and wrapped your arms around him, rubbing circles on his back comfortingly.

"Do what? Get up to go make dinner for myself?" You asked playfully, only for Lou to grab you by your shoulders and pull you away from him so that you could see his worried/shocked expression.

"WHAT?! Sweetheart, I thought--"

"The Spy Girls are out getting some groceries for me, and Mandy had to go assist another doll with something important." You cut him off before pulling his hands off of your shoulders and walking back into the kitchen to continue making your dinner.

Lou quickly followed behind you and choked on his saliva once he saw you cutting vegetables; with a knife.

He rushed over to you and pulled the knife out of your hand faster than the speed of light just as you were about to cut up a carrot.

You sighed and placed one hand on the counter, leaning onto it with your other hand on your hip as you looked at Lou with a blank expression and a raised eyebrow.

"Love, I understand that you're worried, but--"

"You," he placed the knife back onto the counter and walked behind you. He placed both of his hands on your shoulders once again and began to push you out of the kitchen.

"Have been assigned to bed rest!" He said. But just before even your toes could leave the premise of the kitchen, you suddenly turned around and slipped out of Lou's hold.

You then walked back over to the oven, threw the vegetables that you had already cut up into the pot, and turned the oven back on and began to stir the soup.

Lou, who had finally gotten out of his shock, groaned loudly and walked up behind you.

He wrapped his arms around your waist, and began to subconsciously run circles on your stomach -- which, by the way, was a bit swollen because of you know, pregnancy -- while he nuzzled into your shoulder.

"[YYYY/NNNN]~ I'm begging you, sweetheart, please go rest..."

"Love, with the state that you're in at the moment, if I let you cook right now you'd problem set the whole house on fire. So, no, I can't today."

Lou only whined and nuzzled deeper into your shoulder, clearly making it obvious that he wasn't planning on letting go of you. You chuckled, and Lou groaned.

"Love, trust me, I think it's safe enough for me to walk around the house and cook."

"You're supposed to be taking it easy!"

"Lou, I'm pregnant, not dying." You said blankly.

Lou opened his mouth to whine more, but as if on cue, the door opened and the Spy Girls, along with Mandy, all walked in and soon came over to the kitchen.

Tuesday sniffed the air and let out a dreamy sigh at the delicious smelling aura.

"Mm~ Whatcha cookin' [Y/N]?" Tuesday asked as she walked over to you and Lou -- who still hasn't let go of you -- and leaned over your shoulder to peek into the pot that you were stirring the soup in.

You giggled and scooped up some soup and held the spoon in front of Tuesday.

"Just some [Favorite Soup]. Wanna try some?" You asked, giggling once you saw Tuesday nod her head eagerly.

She took the spoon out or your hand and slurped it down, licking her lips afterwards. She then grinned and turned to the others.

"The soup's great guys! Come try some!" She said, and they all did.

Each of them quickly walked over to you, Lou and Tuesday and took turns trying your soup, each of them complimenting your cooking skills soon afterwards.

Just after Kitty licked her lips though, she finally noticed how Lou was clinging onto you, and giggled.

"Still acting clingy, huh?" She questioned, earning the other threes attention.

You only sighed dramatically and nodded, ignoring the grumbling coming from Lou.

The others laughed and you soon joined them.

You then suddenly felt a powerful kick come from you stomach, and your hands instantly flew to hold the place where the powerful kicks were coming from. Which was also where Lou had conveniently placed his hands to rub your stomach ealier.

Lou, who felt the kicking too, widened  his eyes and his hands stopped on the place where your kids were kicking.

The others seemed to notice how you stopped, too, and looked at you questioningly until their eyes finally landed on your stomach and they quickly placed the pieces together.

Lydia gasped and all of them grinned.

"Are the babies kicking?! OMG! CAN I FEEL?!" Lydia asked excitedly while the others looked at your stomach in anticipation, bouncing in place from happiness.

You only laughed and nodded.

What a lively day it was for you...