"It'll be a court date with the both of us, right?" Omari tapped his fingers against the table.

"No. Due to her filing for joint custody, they'll set you up with a meditator first to see if you guys can agree on a custody agreement, but that agreement will only be granted if she can pass a drug test," Dione informed him, "Like I said, if joint custody is something that interests you, it'll most likely be given seventy-five, twenty-five due to you guys living in different states. She'll get—"

"I'm not agreeing to that," Omari cut her off quickly, shaking his head, "I don't want her around my son. Not for one summer, not for every other holiday, not on the weekends, none of that shit. I want full custody of Brayden, and that's that."

"I understand," Dione nodded, letting out a mental sigh of relief, "Which is why when you are sat in front of a mediator, you need to make it very clear that you want full custody and you aren't agreeing to anything less than that. After a few more bargains, you'll be sent to see a judge."

"When is this supposed to be happening? Today?" Omari questioned as Dione shook her head.

"We got an emergency court hearing scheduled for tomorrow at eleven in the morning," Dione told him, "You'll meet with the mediator first, then he'll send you over to a judge when you guys cannot reach a decision. That judge will determine if it's best to grant your claim for full custody, or her claim for joint custody."

"So this will also be the judge that will determine if I'm fit to take him back home with me?" Omari questioned, resting chin in his hand.

"Correct. This is the judge I'll be making my report to as well," Dione nodded, "Do you have all the papers I asked you for?"

"Yes ma'am," Omari slapped a manila folder onto the table filled with all the documents she had requested, "I got all my proof of income right here, and the transfers for the doctors—best in my area. Uh, I have the proof of a stable job, and all of other things you requested."

"And you have the two references letters in these envelopes?" Dione flipped through the sheets that were organized meticulously.

"Right now I only have one," Omari cleared his throat, "It's from Dr. Reynolds, a licensed psychiatrist who is the head of my department. I'm working on getting the second one from my parents like you requested. I just haven't—"

"No need to go into detail, I get it," Dione smiled softly, knowing that having a baby pop up on you wasn't the easiest thing to explain to your parents, "Just try and get it to me before tomorrow's hearing. You can email it to me if anything. Do you have a lawyer?"

"Yeah," Omari informed her, "Shawn Union."

"Good, make sure he's there on time. The earlier you all are, the better it looks on your part," Dione spoke while her eyes traveled across a few documents, "That's all I really have for you right now."

"Okay," Omari nodded, "Where is Brayden? Is there any way I can see him now?"

Dione nodded, standing up and pushing the documents to the side. Without a word, she let her legs carry her over to the door and Omari followed without question. Quietly, she pushed open a door to a room that was dimly lit before turning to Omari with a small smile.

"He's taking a nap," Dione whispered before propping the door open a bit more for Omari to walk in, "You can still go up to him if you'd like. He won't be able to throw any blocks at you this time."

Omari let out a low chuckle before entering the room. He bent down to where Brayden was passed out, one of his tiny arms hanging off the bed and his cheek pressed up against a pillow. Omari took in the entirety of his face, and couldn't help but feel a bit emotional. This little, innocent boy was his son and it felt so surreal. Omari pressed his hand against Brayden's curls, rubbing caressing his forehead softly.