Silent Beauty: Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

            I grabbed the plate of pancakes, bacon, sausage, and eggs and carried it to the table with Ally on my heel. She sat down, but I picked her up and pulled her into my lap just wanting to be as close as possible to her.

            Ally giggled at me, as she began digging into her food. Soon I did the same and we spent the rest of the hour just laughing and soaking up all the time we had left before I left.

            When my hour was up, Anthony walked into the kitchen nodding at me, and I sighed before standing up while still hanging on to Ally. She had her arms around my neck, legs around my waist, and her head was tucked into my shoulder blade. She was hanging onto me for dear life and it killed me to pry her off of me and set her down.

            “Ally say goodbye to your brother and then come give me one last hug for good luck.” I said softly and she nodded mutely before making her way over to Anthony. She silently wrapped her arms around her brother and they whispered some words to each other that were so quiet I couldn’t even hear them.

            When they separated Anthony turned around and walked out giving us a moment alone to say goodbye. Ally stood watching him go with tears in her eyes and I walked over pulling her into my arms once again. “Don’t worry, angel. We’ll be back before you know it.”

            Ally nodded quickly before bursting into tears and grasping onto me tightly. Sobs wracked her tiny frame as she soaked my shirt, but I didn’t mind. I just held her close and rubbed circles on her lower back soothingly.

            After a few minutes, I knew I had to leave, so I hugged Ally close one more time before pulling back with a somber look on my face. “I have to go now, love. I love you so much.” I said leaning down and capturing his lips with mine giving her a passionate kiss.

            We pulled apart and Ally looked up at me on the verge of breaking down again. “I love you. Be safe,” was all she said before hugging me again before releasing me. It almost killed me to leave her standing in the kitchen with silent tears streaming down her face, but I had to leave.

            I had to get this done for Anthony, because I knew it would make Ally happy if Anthony had his mate with him. I would do absolutely anything to make my mate happy, and that’s why I had to leave.

            I silently walked outside and began leading the way towards the Simmons’ territory. My pack seemed to understand that I wasn’t in the mood to talk or mess around because they were all quiet and focused the entire trip.

            I stopped a few miles outside the pack borders so we could wait for nightfall. When it was dark, Anthony would go closer and when the time was right he would let me know and Ethan and I would take about 10 of our best fighters and go retrieve the woman and children while the rest of our men waited just outside the boundaries incase we needed backup.

            We all sat around the clearing we stopped at and rested. Some were talking, but most were just lost in our thoughts, hoping that this night didn’t turn into a full-blown fight. Most of the men here had mates waiting and worried back at home.

            Soon enough darkness fell and we all waiting anxiously for Anthony to come back. It was about an hour after it turned dark before he returned and it disgusted me to know that this pack was run so badly that all the men just got drunk like this. They may be ruthless, but they were far from smart.

            I set off with Ethan and some of my men on my heels. Anthony had rushed ahead so he could get his mate and I couldn’t blame him. I wouldn’t be able to be as patient as he’s been if Ally was away from me for so long.

            Anthony told me that all the women were gathered on the east side of the pack house since all the men would be on the west side tonight. We stealthily made our way over there and soon I saw a group of woman nervously standing in a huddle and protectively holding the children in the group.

            They all shuffled away from us with fear in their eyes when we approached. I held my hand up to show them that I meant no harm before speaking. “Don’t worry. We’re here to help you. My name is Liam Richards and we’re going to escort you back to my pack where you’ll be safe.” I said softly and although the women still looked apprehensive, but when I beckoned them to follow us they complied.

            We made it back to where the rest of my men were waiting and I saw many of them sigh in relief. Nobody wanted a fight tonight. I looked around and noticed that Anthony was nowhere in sight. “Has anybody seen Anthony?” I asked worriedly, and one pack member stepped up.

            “He hasn’t come back yet, sir.” The man said and I closed my eyes breathing deeply. I couldn’t leave Anthony behind but I certainly couldn’t stand around here waiting for us to be discovered.

            “Alright. Ethan you’re in charge. I want you to lead everybody back home. I’m going to wait here for Anthony. Tell Ally I’ll be home soon.” I said and Ethan looked uncertain, but he wasn’t about to argue with me so he nodded and within a few minutes I was standing alone.

            I had trees as a cover and I continuously scanned the area for Anthony and his mate, but there was no sign of them anywhere. I was starting to get really worried after I had been waiting there for about a half an hour.  Anthony had less area to cover than Ethan and I did so he should have been back before us.

            Just as I was about to go searching for him myself, he emerged carrying a girl who I assumed was Gracie in his arms. He looked frazzled and I noticed his mate was crying and clutching onto him tightly.

            He sprinted into the forest and noticed me standing there. I sighed in relief and asked, “What happened?” Anthony had relaxed slightly since he had entered the forest, and he took a deep breath before answering.

            “I ran into a little trouble when I went to get Gracie. Mark decided to pay her a surprise visit and he got quite the shocker when he saw me in there. Luckily he was pretty wasted so he wasn’t too hard to knock out, but he definitely knew it was me, and he wasn’t very happy. We really need to be prepared for an all out war.” Anthony said and I mentally cursed.

            Things didn’t go as smoothly as I’d hoped, but we had accomplished what we came here to, and now it was time to go home. Ethan would have arrived home by now, and I bet Ally is worried out of her mind since Anthony and I didn’t return with everybody else. I needed to get home. I needed my Ally.