Silent Beauty: Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Liam’s POV:

            I woke up with Ally’s head resting on my shoulder and her legs tangled with mine. I sighed in content and began running my hands through her soft blonde hair until I heard her yawn and saw her sleepily look up at me.

            Ally grinned up at me lazily before burying her head into the crook of my neck and cuddling into my side even more if that’s even possible. I held her close enjoying this time since I knew I would be leaving soon.

            I had to assemble all of my fighters and welcome two neighboring packs onto my territory before I even left this evening. Then I would be gone for a good part of the night and for the first time in a long time I wouldn’t be able to go to sleep with my mate in my arms.

            Ally knew this too, and I could tell it was bothering her as we laid in silence for about an hour just enjoying being in each other’s arms. I kissed her temple softly and murmured in her ear, “Everything is going to be alright.”

            She sighed and turned her head to stare into my eyes. “Just be careful. We just fully mated and I can’t lose. Please stay safe.” She muttered softly, her bottom lip trembling slightly as she spoke. I leaned down softly kissing her lips for a moment before pulling away and staring deep into her blue orbs.

            “I would never abandon you, Ally. You are my life and I promise to come back to you safe and sound. We are going to save those woman and children and I’ll be back before you know it. Then I promise we are going to spend the entire day together tomorrow doing whatever you want. I love you, angel.”

            “I love you too, Liam.” Ally whispered back and leaned up to kiss me, but just before our lips touched, there was a knock on the door and I growled softly hearing Ally’s giggle sound from below me. I quickly kissed Ally on the cheek before gently laying Ally down on the bed and getting up to go see who interrupted my peaceful morning with my mate.

            I opened the door to see Ethan standing there looking sheepish. I just stared at him expectantly. He may be my best friend, but I wasn’t too happy that he bothered me while I was with Ally. “Sorry dude. The Jameson and Roberts packs are here, and the Alpha’s were asking to see you.” He said and I sighed before nodding and closing the door.

            The two packs that just arrived were going to stay on our territory incase we needed back up for some reason. Both packs have had woman and children kidnapped by the Simmons Pack so they jumped at the chance to help us out when we asked around.

            I’m expecting some backlash from tonight’s rescue mission. Mark Simmons would never just let us take the woman and children from his pack without retaliating. I’m sure that he will fight back, but when he does we’ll be ready and there’s no way we’re going to lose.

            I made my way towards the closet noticing that Ally had curled up and gone back to sleep. I smiled to myself as I got dressed and silently crept out of the room so I wouldn’t disturb Ally.