Silent Beauty: Chapter Seven

Chapter 7:

Liam’s POV:

                Dinner went better than I expected. I wasn’t planning on it going bad, but I didn’t think it would go so well. It was a little tense at first, but by the end of dinner everything was great.

                Ally seemed comfortable, and I was glad that she felt as ease around my family, because it was her family now, too. It would always be her family, and hopefully she would officially be part of my family someday.

                I tried to not let myself get carried away. I needed to take this one step at a time with her. She was fragile and I needed to be extremely cautious with her. One misstep and she could shatter into a million pieces, and I’m afraid I might not be able to put her back together again.

                I’ve already made so much progress with her. Anybody else might not be able to know the difference after knowing her for such a short amount of time, but I was her mate. I notice everything about her, and she had changed since I met her.

                I would like to think it was me, but I don’t want to get my hopes up. I think just being away from her father has altered her personality.

                The first day I met her, she was guarded and didn’t so much as look at anybody. Now, she was laughing and smiling and she seemed to genuinely enjoy being around me and my family. I think she needed the warmth and security of a family and people who love her.

                I have a feeling she didn’t have that, or hasn’t had that for a while, but I will just have to wait for her to tell me. Hopefully she will speak to me soon. It’s killing me not knowing what she is thinking or what her voice sounds like.

                I will wait though. If she needs time, I will give her all the time in the world to trust me and talk to me. Now, I just have to think of a way to help her, but right now, I just need to get her to bed.

                It only took about 5 minutes before she fell asleep while we were watching the movie. I gazed down at her beautiful face. Her pale face was now free of bruises and flawless. Her pink lips were pouted in her sleep making me want to kiss her, but I wouldn’t.

                I would wait until she was ready to kiss her. We would kiss when she was awake, and when I could see her dazzling blue eyes. Those eyes that haunted my dreams, and that I could stare into all day long and not get bored.

                Her eyes, like everything else about her, were just perfect. There was no other word to describe her. She was beautiful, and I could tell she had a heart of gold, and she was a very loving and understanding person.

                She was even able to handle my mother, and it seemed that they were both very fond of each other. I wonder where her mother is. I doubt her mother was with her father. I’m sure any mother would’ve put a stop to what that man was doing to his daughter.

                So her mom must not be around. That can’t be easy for a girl. I could tell her whole life hasn’t been easy and she has been through hell. No person should be treated like that by anybody, especially their own father.

                He was horrible to her, and I was going to make sure he never laid another finger on her or I was going to kill him. I already wanted to kill him, and if Ally hadn’t been hurt and needed me, I would’ve gone back and finished him off.