Silent Beauty: Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

            As soon as I left the room, I put my business face on and made my way downstairs to the foyer where I met Alpha Jameson and Alpha Roberts. I shook their hands firmly looking them in the eyes to show that I am not beneath them. It’s important to not show other Alpha’s weakness so they’ll respect you.

            I may not officially be Alpha yet and I may be much younger than them, but I could tell them respected me when they nodded their heads in approval and the atmosphere lost some of the tenseness. They smiled slightly at me.

            Alpha Roberts was the first to speak. “We’re glad that somebody is finally going to take these bastards down.  It’s about time somebody stepped up. Who would have thought that young Liam Richards would be the brave one to take on the challenge? I remember you running around here in your underwear and screaming that you were king of the werewolves.” Alpha Richards said making the heat creep up my neck as I chuckled nervously.

            Alpha Roberts was an old friend of my father’s so he was around a lot when I was growing up and I have some pretty embarrassing moments from when I was growing up.  I just laughed it off thought knowing that he was just teasing me and I was glad for the joking because it was lightening my mood and distracting me from thinking too much about the mission tonight.

            “Well, I was a pretty entertaining kid.” I laughed, and we spent the next few minutes joking and making small talk before I knew it was time to get things ready to go.

            “Alright. I have to get things ready to go for tonight, but my soon-to-be beta Ethan will show you where you and your pack members can reside. Any of the fighters that want are willing to come along tonight are welcomed but there’s no pressure. We’re not expecting a fight to occur right now. Once we get back, though, everybody needs to be prepared at any moment for an attack.” I said seriously before shaking their hands and heading out to the training grounds.

            I called all of my men together and waited for them to quiet down before I began speaking. “Ok men. We are going to head out in about an hour and set up camp outside the Simmons’ territory to wait for the right time to extract the woman and children. You will listen to Anthony, as he is the expert on their territory and the habits of the pack. If you disobey him, you will be hearing from me. No screwing around guys. It’s crucial that you are silent and cautious tonight. We don’t want a fight to break out. I promised my mate I would be home safe and as soon as I could and I intend to keep that promise. If I don’t, I’m sending my mate after whichever one of you jeopardizes this mission and let me tell you, for a 5’ 3” teenage girl, she can be pretty scary so don’t mess this up.” I finished and hurriedly walked back to the house answering questions quickly on the way. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with Ally before I had to leave.

            I walked into the house smelling breakfast cooking in the kitchen and I walked in to find my beautiful mate standing over the stove flipping pancakes wearing one of my shirts and a pair of my boxers.  I don’t think she had any clue how crazy she made me by wearing my clothes. I don’t think she’s ever looked sexier to me then right now with her hair in a messy bun, wearing no makeup, standing in my clothes, and cooking breakfast.

            I walked over and wrapped my arms around her waist loving the way she leaned into my and closed her eyes briefly before smiling and getting back to her cooking. I held her for another moment before letting her go and leaning on the counter next to her watching as she finished up the food setting in on a plate.