10 | the bracelet

the first week of the break passed by. i felt relieved as to the first semester finally being over. it still felt like i was still a transfer student that just came yesterday and all, but this time, i felt a slight freedom from everything i hid within me.

i felt very great as to me having little stress and anxiety now from the minimized school work and how i've managed to cope up with my past.

it is now passed 11am, i was left home alone as my mother left for a business trip quite a while ago. it was going to last me two weeks home alone.

i then thought of going out for a while at the moment to just get myself some lunch and do a little bit of shopping. i picked out some clothes, took a shower, brushed my teeth, did my skincare, added light makeup on, and fixed up my hair.

as i just finished locking up and putting my keys into my handbag, i then walked out and proceeded to the ramen place down by a couple of streets. as i then sat by a table and placed my order, i then decided to just browse on my phone till i received a text message from Minho.

< Lee Minwho?:

1 unread message

Minho:
and a spirit just flew in

Jiyoo:
wdym?
seen

"oh, so yoh didn't notice me at the entrance of the restaurant?" he said as he stood in front of me at my table.

"oh, sorry." i replied woth a chuckle. "oh, hey, let's eat together—well, that's unless you're not here to order takeout food."

"nope. i'm just here to eat lunch, my house is literally the one in front of this place, see?" he says as he then points towards the window directing to his house.

we then got our orders and started eating.

"by the way, where are you heading off to after? i have spare time." he said as he held ramen noodles in his chopsticks.

"i swear you don't want to join me. i'll just head down to the mall and do a bit of accessory shopping." i replied.

"i'd still go; i do have some leisure time left before i go back into training in the dance workshop." he added. "and i really just thought of spending the day with you." he mumbled.

"what did you just say?" i added though little did he know i heard what he said.

"nothing!" he said with a wobbly tone.

"though, yeah, it's alright if you'd come with me." i giggled.

we then finished off our lunches and headed for the subway to the mall. as we got there i just then got to think in my head the words he mumbled a while ago.

"and i really just thought of spending the day with you."

it was making me a bit suspicious on what was behind those words aside from its outer meaning. it seemed very narrow and straight forward for a mumble at some point, but from what i've thought, it had many other meanings.

we then arrived at the mall and walked upstairs around for a bit till we've reached the stand i wanted to go while i then searched for what i wanted to get which i'd also need as well.

"sorry if it'll be weird for you to wait for me a while in this accessory stand." i said to him as i noticed how he's been rummaging the accessories while i searched around.

"oh it's alright. take your time." he says with a warm smile as he continues rummaging around.

"well then can you help me pick out something from here? i'm thinking more of a bracelet or a headband." i added.

he gives a nod and a smile as he looks to looks to his left and picks out a rose gold colored bracelet with a silver circular pendant chained to each its side.

he looks at the bracelet closer and adds: "what about this one? it looks better than a headband. inexpensive too."

i then came closer to take a look at the tag on the display he has seen as he handed me his choice. "wow—this looks great actually." i said as i took a closer look at the bracelet.

"you may try it on, miss." the lady working at the stand adds.

"here. let me help." Minho says as he grabbed the bracelet, unlocks the hook from the other side of the small chains, and wraps it around my left wrist.

i then looked at him as he attempted to put the bracelet on me. in my eyes at the time, he looked different. his dark brown hair complemented his long lashes up his eyes, everything, it just seemed to be more of something i never noticed of him.

i then looked at the bracelet on my wrist. "it really looks good. i'll take it. i'll be wearing it, i won't need a bag." i said to the woman working at the stand as i went and paid for it.

we then headed off away and walked towards the coffee shop down at the ground floor to order a cup of coffee and head on out to by the han river and walk for a while.

as soon as we walked out we had a bit of chit chatting for a while before heading off home at about only 2pm.

"you know, you actually picked out a great design of a bracelet." i said as i took glances of the bracelet i wore on my left wrist.

"just by observing how you dressed with a pinkish blouse today, i thought of getting a similar color to it." he replied.

"you know, Minho, i don't really know you that well as much even if we've been friends for quite some time now. what do i not know about you?" i said with a questioned look right after taking a sip of my coffee.

"hmm—well i like eating, i love to dance, i love to read, i like watching movies and plays. i'm not quite sure what else to say." he replied with a toneless expression as he gave a grin.

"well i'd say that i'll know more of you sooner perhaps." i replied with a giggle.

"what about you? i don't actually know a lot about you and such." he added as he took a sip of his coffee.

"i'd say i like to think a lot and usually draw out what i think. i also like watching movies, i do a bit of simple baking, oh—and i also like accessorizing and organizing in such stuff." i replied with a fruity tone.

"seems to me that you're a very symbolic person when it comes to your drawing and when you watch movies, huh?" he adds.

"i don't know." i chuckled. "let's get going back?"

"sure!" he replied as we took our walking to the direction of the subway station.