Ditch it

"My friend and I were both 17 and driving around the Mississippi country around 2 in the morning during the spring time. We were in the middle of no where and only cow fields were in sight. I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out what we were up to.

So we're both starting to feel good about the bounty the country side was offering when were were driving down this tree lined, fenced country road. Up ahead the tree line on the left started thinning out as we could easily see another road that ran perpendicular into ours. The tree line gave out and we could see a fair way down the other road and a white truck was suddenly visible.

As soon as the truck came into view, a pistol's gunfire shot out of the driver's side aimed into the ditch. The truck was far away enough that I couldn't tell if he was shooting at anything, but no matter because his reverse lights came on to intercept us. I floored my 10 year old Honda Accord and the engine started sputtering, trying to pick up speed. The slight incline I was driving up wasn't making efforts any easier.

The truck flew in reverse up his road onto ours and began shooting at us. We were maybe an eighth of a mile away and bullets were flying all through the trees. It took forever to crest the hill and my heart never stopped pumping. The car never stopped accelerating however much it wanted to resist. We broke every single traffic law in the hour and a half it took to get back home. Many times I've wondered what he could have possibly been shooting at in the ditch. A body? I don't know, but whatever it was it apparently warranted him shooting at us as well."