"No, its okay." I said.

"Just go home, I heard your mom's calling you."

(-_____-#)

I turned my attention away from her for a while just to refresh my mind for what she just said.
I heard her quiet sobs that creating a soft sound. I looked at her, her face still covered with her bangs but I can tell that she's crying.

"Why are you crying? Is there something wrong? You can tell me," I asked.

She wiped her face again by her hands.

"Why you asked? As if you really care about it," she talks back.

thanks for your kind answer, kid. (─ ─)

"Here," I said as I gave her my handkerchief.
She even took it without saying "Thank you" or just simply "thanks."

"You can tell me if you wanted to," I told her.

She stared straight to the horizon that again gave me the thought she would act like she heard nothing again. I was considering to leave her alone for it might be something that only can he solved by comforting just yourself. But I don't know why I just find myself sitting beside her and accompanied her to watch the setting sun.

"My best friend died."

Best friend? ( ̄_ ̄)・・・?

"He's dead! He's the only one left to me! He's my only best friend and he's the only one who can understand me. He's the only one who stayed with me, cared for me. Rain or shine. Hunger or thirst..." then blah blah blah..
It's very dramatic and almost annoying for most of her words can't understand because of all her crying. But you can make out the words she's saying and all of it was ranting.

The only one who is close to her is dead. No wonder why she's crying so hard about it.
"It must be hard for you."

"You don't understand! It really hurts!" She cried.

And just how on earth I get this kind of trouble? (─ ─ ")

"Chuchu, I really missed you!"

wait a second.

"Did I heard right? Your bestfriend's name is chuchu?" I asked that she just nod her head to reply.
"Why your best friend's name sounds like a name of a dog?"

She look at me with most of her face covered by her hair, but I can still tell that her eyebrows found its way to meet at the center.

"How dare you insult my deceased best friend! Chuchu is not a dog! He's a cat!"

So the cat that the hokage was holding was her cat.

Now it all makes sense how that cat looks familiar to me.

I saw her holding it when we brought back to the hokage's office to report back from our mission from finding a missing cat.

"What's the reason why your cat died?"

"Well! It's because of─"

All of a sudden, her ranting while she cries her eyes out subsided and she fell to a deep silence.
I hate her lately for being annoying that it's been a miracle that I can stand it and even choose to stay to listen to her mourning over a dead cat.

But now that she isn't talking bothers me.

"What's gone is gone. Even if you cry a river, whatever's lost can't bring it back."

She was still quiet even after speaking to her that deep down it made me began to feel embarrassed from what I said. Telling it to someone who made me acts like I'm talking in the air like her, that I wanted to just vanish.