23

"Really, so you want me to leave?" Naruto quipped.
His tone suggested a hint of scorn. And much to his surprise, Sasuke said no.
"I want to spar with you." He said.

"What." Naruto deadpanned. "I mean. Why, I'll lose anyway." He drawled, forcing some of that scared tone in it.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. No way was this dobe getting ahead of him. Sasuke had to be the strongest. Whatever this blonde was hiding, Sasuke would find out and...and... And what? Sasuke grew annoyed. Impatient even.

"You won't lose if you actually fight." Sasuke told him.

Naruto smiled. He knew that Sasuke was already suspecting him. And he wouldn't be fooled for long. He also knew that if he displayed even a fraction of his true abilities to the raven it would be enough to disgruntle him. That would make him train even harder and it would be a good cover for his own excessive training. With a smirk Naruto accepted the challenge and so the spar began.
_______________

They jumped at each other, and sliced the air. Always, every freaking time one of them would use a substitution Jutsu and then jump at the other from behind. Every move was met with a similar move. Every blow was equal. Once, Sasuke managed to get Naruto in his hold and blew a fireball at him, when another clone jumped out of nowhere and used a very powerful wind Jutsu which he conjured with his Katana, this wind sliced at everything in his wind and turned the fireball into a tornado that due to the force of the wind moved towards Sasuke himself.

After many such instances both of them, breathing heavily, stood in front of each other in a fighting stance, waiting for the other to strike.

None of them made a move. They just stared at each other as the wind blew, the birds sang. The world carried on, not caring for two not-yet-teens and their tiny spar.

Just then, in a whirl of leaves, none other than Kakashi Hatake appeared.
"Sup" he sang, one hand held up in a greeting and the other holding the "Orange Book" whose name as Naruto had recently discovered, was "Make out Paradise"...not really a book for...kids.

"Sensei"
"Kakashi"
"Twerps."

The three stared at each other. When finally Naruto spoke "What are ya doing doing here-ttebayo?" Sasuke glanced at the blonde, noticing how his accent and verbal tic had returned. Also his posture seemed to relax. He looked a lot like he used to. 
"Well," Kakashi flipped a page. "That fire tornado was pretty hard to miss don't you think?" He looked at the two genins, and wondered how he even got stuck with them.
He sighed and shut his book.
He placed his hands on his two students. "Now, kids. What do you think happens when leaves get too close to fire?" He asked with a smile.

"They burn." Naruto deadpanned.
"Absolutely right. Now. WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENS WHEN A WHOLE GODDAMN FOREST GETS TOO CLOSE TO A GODDAMN FIRE TORNADO?!" no longer smiling, a tick mark appeared on Kakashi's head, his grip on the two tightened and the blonde and raven realised how deep in doodoo they were.
"Uh..." They faltered.

"Right. Maybe , just maybe the Hokage wants to talk to you..." Kakashi said in a sickly sweet voice. With that he took them to the Hokage.
____________________

They received quite a bit of scolding.
"No. More. Fire. Tornado. In. The. Training. Grounds." Said the old man.

While exiting, Naruto as carefree as ever asked Kakashi "So what did you do with Zabuza's sword?"
Kakashi stopped reading and Sasuke turned around, "What do you mean?" Kakashi questioned, his tone even. "Zabuza? You went on a mission recently?" His tone was cheery but Kakashi's wasn't. Once out of the building, Kakashi asked him where he got that information "It was a secret mission, that only a select few people knew about. "
Naruto's smile only widened."Well, guess it wasn't much of a secret right?"
"Naruto. Where did you learn about it?"

"The villagers know things. I heard from here and there."

"It was a secr-"

"Not every secret is kept. Many things get out. And trust me, I know how good this village is with secrets." His tone was serious and even Sasuke was left puzzled. With that Naruto walked back home.
He had carefully hinted at the fact that he knew about the kyuubi. And of course, he knew about Zabuza before they did.
_____________

A/N:
Heeyyyy

What Is Up?

Ik not much but hey! I've increased my word count to 1000! Yay.
In case y'all were wonderin it used to be around 600-700.
So yeah.
And thanks for all those votes!! 😄😄
Maybe(just maybe)  I might publish an original story. Maybe.

And if I may suggest, for any Noragami fans do check out 'The devil is a part timer' It's awesome I promise.

So please vote,comment, share and follow!✨

Yours Truly,
23