5: Yellow jeep of my dreams

"Ok so here's what's going on." I start. Preston and I are on FaceTime cause I need to rant.

"Ok before you do that." He hold up his pointer finger and leaves the room.

Oh come on.

He comes back with a bag of pretzels.

"Ok I'm ready."

"So lately I've been feeling kinda lonely." I tell him in a rush of words.

"Lonely? Ellie, come on." Preston looks confused.

"Preston I don't know why I do, I just, do. Ya know?" I try telling him.

"No, not at all. You have me, Taylor, Isaac, Noah, heck you even have Seth now. You shouldn't be feeling lonely." He points out.

"Ya I know but still."

"But still what?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"But I still feel lonely."

"Oh my gosh Ellie!"

"What? I can't control my feelings." I state.

"Ellie. Let me be straight up with you."

I give him a look. Ugh oh.

"Ok?" I'm worried.

"It's probably because you don't have any girl friends." He says. "I mean let's be fair. You only hang out with guys. Only guys. What happened to all of your friends that are girls?"

"Preston. Come on."

"What? I'm being serious. A girl needs a best friend attached to her hip. You know? Like sisters?" He stares at me.

I start to laugh.

"Do you know what your saying right now?" I tell him. How can he be so dumb?

"What."

"You seriously think my loneliness is going to be cured by a girl best friend?" I scoff.

"Ellie. Think about it. Girls are able to relate to each other better. They have the same mindsets. If you find the right person to be friends with, maybe you won't feel lonely anymore."

I think about it for .2 seconds before I make my mind.

"Preston this is dumb. I don't need another girl to make me feel less lonely. Plus girls are honestly kind of annoying." I point out to him.

"You sound like a boy." He laughs. "Talking about how you don't need a girl to be happy."

I roll my eyes.

"It's true though. All girls do is gossip, do nails, and talk about boys."

Is this turn to raise his eyebrows at me.

"Well you can't do that stuff with guys right?"

"Ya I can! Minus the nails. But we can talk about boys." I argue.

"Ellie, I'm not gay. I'm in fact straight."

We both laugh at that.

"But seriously. Think about it okay? Every girl needs a best friend to gossip and talk boys with." He gives me a stern look.

"Are you being serious?" I ask him.

"I'm being serious. Ok I got to go. Remember, think about it Ellie." He ends the FaceTime call.

***

"Taylor?" I walk into his room.

"Ya?" He looks up from his phone. He's laying on his back on his bed.