Dog Day After-School

Lindsey's POV

"Daniel." I said as I walked into the kitchen. "Whatcha doing?"

On the floor, I see my brother making a rectangle hole in the wall that leads to the backyard.

"Making a doggie door for Riceball." He informed, glancing at me before getting back to work.

"Oh, what gave you the idea to do this?" I asked him, grabbing a banana out of our fruit bowl.

"Well, I came home last night and you must've not noticed but Riceball peed all over the floor and I almost slipped on it." He explained and let out a breath.

I bit my lip feeling guilty and chuckled nervously. "Oops."

"Oops? Lindsey, he is your responsibility." Daniel told me, sitting up and wiping the sweat off his forehead. "You have to take better care of him."

"I am!" I protested. "I just spend so much time at the Thunderman's that I forget that he pees and poops like I do."

Daniel rolled his brown orbs at me and looked away to continue his work.

"I'm sorry, I'll try harder, okay?"

Daniel didn't listen and waved me off, dismissively. I shook my head and walked out of the kitchen.

"Riceball!" I called and I heard a tiny bark. My tiny golden-doodle ran down the stairs and over to me.

"Hey buddy!" I picked him up and went upstairs. Riceball tried to snatch my banana but I moved him away. "No, you can't eat that."

I placed him down in my room and he hopped onto my bed and laid down.

"Daniel is making you a doggy door so you don't make any more messes." I told him and stroked his head softly and he leaned into the palm of my hand.

Knock Knock

I turned to see who knocked and saw Daniel.

"I'm going to the store to buy a few supplies for the doggy dog." Daniel told me. "Riceball is able to get outside by himself now because we have a hole in the wall right now."

"Alright, I'm going over to the Thunderman's." I told him, grabbing my phone.

"Okay, see you later." Daniel waves before he walks away.

I turned to Riceball and scratched his chin. "Be a good boy for me, okay?"

He barked and I giggled, kissing his head. I walked out of my room and down the stairs. I walked out the door and headed toward the Thunderman's house.

As I was walking, I grabbed my wrist and winced in pain. I stopped moving and looked down at my wrist to see my cuts and how bad as they have gotten. The wrist is where I cut the most.

I pulled my sleeve down and continued walking like nothing happened. I reached the house and walked in, I saw Max walk by right as I entered the house.

He didn't notice me at first but he looked at me and smiled.

"Hey, Lindy." He greeted immediately coming over to me and greeting me with a kiss. The kiss last longer then expected and stay like this for over a minute.

We pulled away and he wrapped his arm around my waist firmly.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I'm always here." I remarked.

"Which is the highlight of my day." Max smiled, causing me to blush and kissed me again.