Chapter 14: Double cross

(Slayed is working with the wolf pack to try to kill the vampires and they are using you as bait.)

The sun had set just moments ago the wolfs had all fled into the trees awaiting the vampires arrival. You couldn't help but wonder, would they even show up? You had left of your own accord following your brother would they even waste their time trying to recapture you? There is a sound nearby as Slayed returns from wherever he had just been to hide among the trees again with Trisha. You can't help but wonder where he had just been.

-the pride-

Randal comes out of his room and right away he can tell you are gone, but he checks your room anyway. He finds it empty of your hunter things with Steve standing in the middle of the room looking very sad and confused. He know immediately that you had left in the cover of the sun so they wouldn't stop you and he begins to get a bit irritated.

"Before you say anything." Steve says without turning around. "I could have stopped him... i just... let him go."

Randal glances away without saying anything.

Steve turns around a bit to look over his shoulder. "I don't know why you kept him here but my heart... couldn't take it anymore. He wasn't happy and i just... i couldn't bare it."

"I tried." Randal replies. "I tired to keep him happy so he wouldn't leave." he steps into the room and looks at the empty bed. "I knew if we let him roam around here eventually he would leave but i had hoped..." he sighs and looks at the ceiling. "He reminds me a great deal of my parents.skeptical as they were they tried to form an alliance with hunters and wolves... even spirits. They always thought monsters were just like humans but stronger and that's all there was to it." he glances at Steve. "At first i did bring him here just to use his blood to feed us." he looks away. "It's hard to feed a handful of vampires with no source." he looks at the wall. "I was trying to help my friends while keeping the human happy but it seemed like whatever i did just pushed him away."

"Well you did abuse his body on a number of instances." Steve points out. "Maybe he had a hard time seeing past that."

"It was never a matter of choice." Randal replies. "You know as well as any other when somebody like that is near us we can't..."

"Master Randal?!" Slayed yells rushing into the room.

"What slayed?" Randal frowns slightly. "Can't you see i'm busy."

"The human." Slayed begins.

"Yes he is gone." Steve nods. "We already know."

"No i don't mean that!?!" Slayed huffs crossing his arms inside his black cloak. "I found him but i was too late to save him. The wolves have him now along with his brother."

"What?" Randal says surprised. "How can you be sure?"

"I know you have repeatedly told me not to venture during sunlight but you know how restless i get. As soon at the sun began to fall i set out to search for our missing companion. I found him with the wolf pack."

"He is completely useless to them... why would they take him?" Randal replies scowling, he turns away annoyed.

"They plan to change him into one of them at midnight. I heard them talking about it." Slayed says softly. "Randal if we don't do something they will change both brothers into wolves and then they will out number us. They already know where we are hiding..."

Randal glances to the side. "They will come again with stronger numbers." he turns to slayed with his anger showing. "We have to stop them. Get Darren and Mallory we are ending this war tonight while they are still weakened from the battle yesterday."