Prolouge~~~~

Evan isn't your ordinary teenage boy. His father is the Grim Reaper. Becoming the Grim Reaper is a curse that passes on from generation to generation but over time, the people of the Reaper family have grown to see it as a gift. I mean who doesn't want to have eternal life and the awesome powers that come with the title? That's what Evan thinks about it anyway. There is a catch though. In order for Evan to inherit the title, he has to find his eternal mate and she has to accept him. Usually, every Reaper's mate is fixated with death so Evan thinks it will be a piece of cake. That was until he meets Cassandra.

*

*

Cassandra Waters is what you could call a good girl. She's a straight A student who has never had a drink in her life. She's not the quiet nerdy type though. Yeah that's right this kitty has claws and she is not afraid to use them. She's never been popular because she just doesn't try to be. That's probably due to her past that she doesn't like to talk about. Cassandra moves to a new town called Dark Creek somewhere in California to live with her aunt that she didn't even know existed. She doesn't expect to become popular there, but in a town with a population of lower than a thousand people, she has another thing coming. Besides living with an aunt she never knew and being the talk of the town, Cassandra was ready for a normal senior year in high school. That was until she met Evan.