Human Nature

I'm nervous. Why the fuck am I nervous. I literally feel like I'm gonna throw up walking up to the girl's house with my parents.  It's just a girl Evan. You can do this I think to myself. Well turns out my pep talk does nothing for my crazy nerves and my mom catches on.

"Awe is my little boy nervous?" She says smiling at me. I scoff and roll my eyes at her looking away. We've just reached their drive way. Crap crap crap crap why the fuck am I sweating!? I think trying to act normal while trying to think of a response to my mom's question.

Luckily, my dad helps me out by saying "Leave em be Care. Not everyday you meet the girl your gonna spend the rest of your life with. I was a nervous wreck too when I first met you." My dad says smiling at my mom lovingly. I laugh to myself in disbelief. I could never imagine my dad ever being nervous.

WE'VE REACHED THE DOOR. I REPEAT WE HAVE REACHED THE DOOR. ABORT! ABORT! My brain screams at me. At this point I'm sweating bullets, my mom and dad look like they wanna jump each other's bones, and my stomach is finally processing that I didn't get to eat all my lunch.

Before I can protest, my mom smooths out her outfit and rings the door bell. I hear the girls addicting voice shout "I'll get it!" And I plaster a smirk on my face remembering the cake my mother is holding. The door opens and my eyes land on the curly haired beauty that will surely haunt my dreams tonight.

She smiles and opens her mouth in greeting looking at my parents but her whole demeanor changes once her eyes lock with mine. My stomach at this moment: I will now demonstrate the sound of a whale's mating call.

Realization dawns on her face immediately where she's seen me before and my smirk just grows wider. A mix of emotions, mostly hate, anger, and probably remembrance of embarrassment cascade across her face in waves.

All of that stops abruptly when my lovely mother lets out a squeal, shoves the cake into my hands, and traps her in a bear hug. The girl, obviously suprised, doesn't freak out like I expect her to.

I see her melt into the hug a little like she hasn't received affection of the motherly kind in a while. I know it's stupid but images of me holding her cross my mind and I feel a twinge of jealousy towards my mother.

I blink quickly to clear my thoughts and plaster the smirk back on my face. Cassandra starts blushing like crazy and I try to stifle my laugh. "Sorry if I just made this weird, but your aunt has told me so much about you and i just couldn't help myself!" My mom gushes at the girl.

The girl takes a quick sec to compose her self and put on a small smile saying in that lovely voice of hers, "Its fine."

Suddenly my dad lets out a deep laugh that I can tell shocks both the Cassandra and me."Way to make a good impression Carrie!" he says with a twinkle in his eye I've never seen before. My mom rolls her eyes and gives Cassandra a apologetic smile.

Realization dawns on the girl's face and she says "Come on in" with a smile that looks like kinda pained. My parents introduce themselves and walk into the house in search of the my mom's best friend. Her fake smile disappears as soon as we're alone and I got to admit she looks even hotter when she's angry.

"Listen here you pervert! I only agreed to this dinner because I wanted to make my aunt happy. I had no idea YOU would be here or else I would have said hell-to-the-no!" My smirk just grows wider at all her ranting. Of course that just fuels her anger but what can I say? I just love to poke the bear.

'You better not even think about telling my aunt about our unfortunate encounter earlier today or I will rip your balls off and shove them up your ass!" She whisper yells at me and I just continue to stare at those memorizing, dark brown eyes. Even full of anger, they still look incredibly amazing. 

Man she curses like a sailor I think to myself. Got to admit though, the girl's potty mouth is really turning me on right now. I decide to see just how mad my little spit fire can get, so I raise my eyebrows in question and say, "Are you done yet? I think our food is getting cold."

Man if looks could kill I'd be in hell already. Her angry death glare is just too much so I burst out laughing. I sober up after a minute and hand her my special little present and gun it inside but not before saying, "My name is Evan by the way."

I had to get out of there before she saw the cake for what it really is cause to be honest, I wanna live to see tomorrow at least. Hehe I know the saying goes "don't poke the bear" but sometimes u just got to. Call it human nature.

I'm going to hell for this. I think to myself as I go find my seat. That thought alone brings a smile to my face as I sit down to a dinner I'm sure I'll never forget.