Part 30: Pleads

~

"Oh good," Nine gently pushes the horny 58 year old boy off her, turning her attention to the now conscious Diego getting up from the floor. She gave him a smile, "You're up."

Five frowns at her but turned his head towards his brother. He grunts, "You are honestly a cockblock. But, are you ready for a drink now?" Diego's eyes widen as he looks around the room, alarm ringing in his head. "Where is he?" He asked the two, ignoring Five's statements.

"We let him go." The two replied in sync.

"You both did what?" Diego hissed. Five rolls his eyes, "Now that the apocalypse is finally over, it's time for the fighting to stop." He tells him, "He didn't kill Patch. His partner, Cha-Cha, did."

"So what?" Diego raises his voice, "They were both there that night."

Nine snorts at this, "Don't be such a baby."

"This half of the partnership gave me both of their guns. Which will clear you because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene." Five told him, "Hazel came here looking for a way out. He wanted a fresh start, and he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good."

"So, it's time to move on." Nine adds, sighing.

"Not a chance."

Five and Nine exchanged looks. They clicked their tongues, "Suit yourself."

"I am curious," Nine starts, "Your girlfriend, Patch, what did you like about her?" "A lot of things," Diego then pauses, coming up with the actual ideas why he liked her. He continues, "Cute butt, nice legs."

Nine glares at him, "Anything more profound than that?"

"She believed in people. No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets. She always saw the good inside." Diego admits, frowning. Nine nods, hopping down from the barstool and grabbing the book from the counter. "Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know that you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honor her memory."

Diego stays silent and watched Nine grab Five's hand before leaving him alone. Diego sighs, glancing at the two guns that were resting on the counter. A thought came into his mind, and he quickly made a decision for himself. And it was to move on.

~

"H-hello...?" Vanya's voice trembles as she calls out for someone, anyone in the house. She hopes on seeing any of her siblings and planned on apologizing. She plans on admitting her faults, and tell them she misses them. She just wanted to be comforted by any of them.

"Vanya,"

Vanya starts to smile, she could feel tears brimming her eyes. "Luther--" Her breath hitched as she notices her brother's stoic face. "Is Allison..."

"She survived."

Vanya lets out a sigh of relief, her senses manages to calm down. A whimper left her lips, "Thank God..." She watches Luther coming downstairs, and his large built towered over her small and fragile one. Luther still held an emotionless face, "What happened?"

"We got in an argument. And... things got out of control." Vanya looks up tp him, "I-I didn't mean to hurt her. Please, you have to believe me!"

"I do," Luther whispers. "It was an accident. I was--I was angry, and it just happened." Vanya explains, whimpering, "Can I see her?"

"She's resting now. Maybe later."

Vanya nods, understanding. "Is it okay if I wait here for a bit?"