Introduction

~

In October 1989, 93 women around the world gave birth. None of these women had been pregnant when the day it first began.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves, wanted to adopt 43 children with special abilities.

FLASHBACK

Leonore Churt shyly smiled as she walks past the guy who had winked at her. She slowly made her way to the back of the library and begins on reading her notes. Until she felt the urge to puke. She looked down at her stomach that suddenly enlarges itself, a pool of liquid running down to her legs. She began screaming in pain, and moments later, people surrounded her fragile body. Panic murmurs filled the room with her scream.

"Oh my god! She's in labor!" 

"Quick! Someone call the ambulance!"

"Hang in there, miss! Push!"

"I can see the head! Again, miss! Push!"

"ARGH!!"

"One more, miss! Push!"

"ARGH!!"

"It's a boy!"

"Oh no, there's another one!"

"Miss, push! Push!"

"ARGH!!"

"A baby girl!"

People cheered and cooed as both babies were delivered fine. But, they couldn't believe that this girl suddenly went into labor. Leonore was devastated than blessed for her twin babies. She wasn't pregnant ever! She had never even had a boyfriend once!

"Miss, are you alright?"

"I... don't..."

-

Leonore held her two babies in her arms, her parents by her side. They had been asked to stand-by as someone would like to talk to them. Reginald Hargreeves, an extraterrestrial disguised as a famous entrepreneur, walked up to them. He eyed the girl and the babies that had suddenly cried when he reached out his hand to them. He noticed that the baby girl was glowing. The lights in the room began flickering.

He paused for a moment. "How much do you want for them?"

Leonore exchanged glances with her parents.

"Ten grand." Her mother piped up, not giving any care whatsoever. Her father, however, was silent. Leonore shakes her head, "No, please. Just take them-" "...Fifty grand."

The girl gasped with her father's request. "Father-" Reginald straighten himself, "Is that all? Very well."

"I shall call you, Number Eight," Reginald looked at the baby boy in the carriage, "and you, Number Nine." The baby girl reached her small hands towards him, releasing an electric shock to his beard.

-

"Sir, the child had stopped breathing." A man told Reginald, who had a panic look on his face. Reginald quickly went over to the twins. Number Nine was fine, but Number Eight turned blue and purple all over. "What happened?" Reginald asked the man.

"I-I don't know, sir. We heard cries from the two and when we checked, the boy had stopped breathing."

Reginald sighs, "That's devastating. Wrap a blanket around him. We will bury him when we get back."

"Very well, sir."

FLASHBACK ENDS

-

He got eight of them.

Number Nine:

~

A/N: It's kinda sad I have to kill off Number Eight. Oh, and don't take the picture that represents Number Nine's face literally. I just don't have a preference for her character.

Disclaimer: I do not own the pictures, gifs, used in this story.

Edited: December 22, 2020