Chapter 15

Tony

"Hi, Papa! How's your mission going on! When are you coming back home!", all sorts of questions being shot to Steve. 

Steve decides to do a FaceTime with us, after being away from us for almost 2 weeks now. The kids are all excited to talk with him, sometimes a little too much to handle at once. Chuckling, I quickly calm them down before motioning Steve holds on for a bit. Taking the iPad from Thor, I quickly bring it over to the living room and change the call from the iPad screen to the iTV, since I have upgrade the TV to be able in having a video call with Steve. It's not easy to have big numbers of kids and fighting over the screen to talk with him. Once the TV screen fills with Steve's face and ours in the small box at the corner, that practically fits all of us in it, huge smile pulls onto Steve's face. 

"Now, this is what I call wholesome!", tells Steve. 

I can't help chuckling, shaking my head at him before settling on the couch behind while watching the kids talking with him. The kids basically fill him up with whole loads of things that has happened while he was away with his mission. Mostly, on how they've been very helpful to me in the household by watching over Liam, Zayn and Niall while I prepared the dinner or cleaning the house. Steve practically coos and praise over their actions, which makes most of them grinning widely. 

"Oh, Papa! Niall has gotten his multiplication 6 memorized! Loki and I helped him!", informs Peter. 

Niall's head perks up, as he beams in happiness before nodding in response. Steve gasps, looking at them in disbelief before praising over them again. 

"Well, I guess I could test you later, once I get back home, yeah?", says Steve. 

Niall is quick to nods, in agreement which makes Steve and I chuckle, cooing at him. How could he be this adorable? My heart swells with happiness as I watch my family together, being as happy and content as they can be. They talk with Steve for a little more before Steve decides to spend some time with me, after been talking for a while with the kids. 

"How about we go play soccer and build sand castle? What do you say?", Bruce suggests. 

Niall, Liam and Zayn beams before raising their hands in excitement as they love to play in the sandbox that Steve and I have gotten for the kids, for a little while now. The other boys are excited to play soccer, before Bruce begins to usher them out to the backyard. Thor, Loki, Clint and Peter quickly race to the backyard, while Bruce holds Zayn and Liam's hand, bringing them to the backyard with Niall tagging behind. Steve and I coo, watching them being so close, as if those two boys have been together with us for years long. 

"Have fun, kids. And Bruce, please make sure that Liam and Zayn doesn't throw the sand around others. I don't want anyone to get their eyes itchy. I'll get the snacks ready in 30.", I exclaim. 

Bruce quickly shouts me his 'Okay' before the living room is finally silence, leaving me alone in the room with Steve still on the screen. Sighing a little, I finally look at the screen with soft smile tugging on my face. Picking up the iPad that I've put away long ago, I quickly turn the video call back on the iPad screen, to create more privacy for us to talk. 

"Hey, baby. I missed you so much. I'm sorry that I couldn't be home as always, to help you around with the kids. I feel bad for missing out a lot, too.", tells Steve. 

I coo, shaking my head at him before assuring that it's fine. I completely understand that he needs to go and be away from the house, for a little but I never blame him on anything. I know that he's only doing this, so he could provide us shelter and ensure our safety back home. I know that he loves his job so much, that it's almost the same to his love for his family but a little lesser than that. His biggest priority would definitely be the kids and me, but his job are one of his priorities as well, just isn't as big us.