Chapter 8

Tony

"Alright, bubba. It's time to get out from the water now or you'll get all wrinkle for being too long in the water.", I say. 

Walking to little Liam in the tub whose having fun playing with his boats while taking his bath, I squat next to the tub and look at him with soft smile. Liam looks at me, grinning before nodding. Getting up slowly from the tub, he carefully walk in the tub half-filled with water before pulling the stopper, watching the water being drained off the tub. Once the tub is dry off, he puts his hands up in the air for me to carry him. Instead, I wrap him up with warm, fluffy towel before carrying him off the tub to his bed. Liam is still small to be sleeping by himself, so Steve and I decide to let him sleep in our room, together. As I set him on the bed carefully, I begin to dry him up and dress him up. I make sure to spread the baby powder on his body evenly before dress him up. I dry his hair a little before comb it and style them into a short quiff. 

"Bubba, you looks so adorable there.", I compliment. 

Liam grins widely, giggling before thanking me with a peck of kiss on my cheek. I coo at him, before put his towel away, to dry them off. I walk to his closet and begin to pack him a bag of changed clothes and toys, before walking back to him at the bed, carrying him with the bag out from the room. Steve and I decide to do some shopping for this little man in my arms. It's not fair for him to wear those old, worn-out, hand-down clothes and play those toys, although he never complaints a lot but we decide to get him a whole new closet for him. Walking into the kitchen, I'm surprised to see Steve in there too before walking to him. I set the bag on the counter island and Liam on his tall chair, strapping him up before get his milk ready. I have to make one right now for Liam, so that he'd get his daily nutrition from his milk and pack another for whenever he wants them when we're doing some shopping. 

"Steve, have you found Peter's old stroller for Liam?", I ask, looking at my husband. 

Steve smiles softly, nodding before informing that he has them put in the boot. Smiling, I nod back to him before pack the milk and some foods, juices into the bag for Liam. Informing that we're good to go, Steve nods before grabbing the bags while I carry Liam off the tall chair, unstrapping him. Liam has been really quiet ever since he gets himself a hold of his milk bottle and that doesn't bother me much. Exiting the house, I make sure to lock the front door before walking to Steve's car, opening the backseat door. I'm about to put Liam into the baby carseat, when Liam starts to make a fuss about it. His body arches forward as he doesn't want to sit in the seat. I try try to talk and persuades him, even negotiates with him but nothing works. Instead, he's about to starts his water-work and I don't want him to cry or he'd throw up his milk that he just consume, earlier. Sighing, I give in to him before carry him back to my hips, hushing him down. Shutting the door behind, I bring him to the front seat with me and shut the door, still hushing him down. 

"It's alright, bubba. I'm sorry, hush now! We don't want you to get 'icky, do we? It's alright! I love you, bubba!", I comfort him. 

Sniffling, he looks at me with his teary brown eyes which makes me coo sadly at him. Pecking the tip of his nose, I cuddle with him to comfort him down, more. Steve watches us with small smile, nodding before starting the car and drives out from the driveway. We're not even halfway from the house and Liam is already knockout in my arms. Cooing, I kiss his forehead and wish him sweet dream, which only makes him to snuggles closer to my chest. The ride to the mall is in complete silence and very comfortable. The only thing we could hear in the car, is none other than Liam's little snoring and hums in his sleep. He's so adorable, resembling little Peter back couple years ago. Steve takes my free hand with his right ones, kissing my knuckles which makes me shiver a little as his hot breathe wash against my knuckle.