Chapter 24: Like T-Swift Said, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Start from the beginning

       I was able to sleep for a little bit but I ended up waking up when I heard a lot of commotion outside. I guess the high school students were here.

       It took some time but I was able to get myself out of bed as I walked over to the window. I was hoping I would be able to check out Sawyer but I wasn't able to. Not because he was outside. But because as soon as I looked out the window, I recognized the school that was here.

       It was my old school.

       And the reason why I recognized my school was because my ex-boyfriend was there.

       So much for me going outside.

       I sighed heavily, moving away from the window. I still wanted to at least get some fresh air and go see Paint but there was no way I was going to go outside with him there.

       I didn't want to stay in my room all day so I grabbed the tray of food and brought it downstairs to the kitchen. 

       Nobody was in the kitchen right now. I guess everyone was helping out with the field trip right now.

       As I was clearing off the plate I had from breakfast, I looked out the window that faced towards the barn. All the horses were in the fields after the few days of it being raining all the time.

       And Paint didn't seem to enjoy having so many people on the farm right now. He was constantly whining, darting back and forth around the field.

       Sawyer was trying his hardest to calm Paint down but it wasn't working.

       As much as I didn't want to see my stupid ex-boyfriend, Paint needed me right now. I put on my shoes and headed outside. It was easy to avoid everyone here since they were currently on the other side of the farm but I did see him look at me.

       I just ignored him.

       I walked over to the field Paint was in. Sawyer noticed me and gave me a small smile. "I take it you're here to see Paint?"

       "Yeah, I saw him freaking out," I said. "I figured I could calm him down. By the way, if you see me ignoring the students here, it's nothing personal. Just kidding, it's very personal."

       "Wait, what?" Sawyer asked.

       "I don't want to get into it right now when I want to go see Paint," I said, starting to climb over the fence to see Paint. "But I will tell you that I used to go to that school. And if you see someone by the name of Pierce, please feel free to glare at him."

       "Jamie, hold on," Sawyer said but I was already making my way to Paint. 

       Paint was still freaking out a bit, running around the field as he constantly changed his direction because he wasn't comfortable being anywhere.

       "Paint," I said softly. Upon hearing my voice, Paint stopped running around and looked over at me. "It's okay. I'm here now."

       Paint trotted over to me, nudging my arm with his snout. I smiled at him, gently rubbing his neck. I was still feeling a bit down but at least being near Paint was making me feel a bit better.

       I decided I was going to stay with Paint the whole duration of my old school's field trip, even though I didn't want to be anywhere near Pierce. I was just going to try my best to ignore him.

       After spending some time with Paint in the field, I led him over to the fence so I could sit down on top of it while seeing what the class was up to because I was, admittedly, a bit curious. Paint just stood beside me, looking at all the people there. He was freaking out now that I was here.