12 - Opal

~Roses POV~

I was sitting in my office going through case files. Nick was supposed to come up here and meet me for lunch and he should be coming soon any minute. My phone rang and I looked up at the machine seeing it was an unknown number. I picked up the phone and put it up to my ear "NAPD how can I help you?" I asked leaning forward on the desk.

"uh I have a call in," the person said nervously. "which is?" I asked pulling out a piece of paper and a pen. "The most wanted list," they said as I picked up the pen about to write "I just saw Aliyah and Zion at a rest stop off 57 in Colorado, they said as I got taken back.

Everyone at LAPD stopped the investigation of looking for them and it was now in the hands of the C.I.A. As much as I wanted to talk to this person I didn't, to keep my job I had to send them to someone else. "uh I'm sorry I have to send you to another line" I said pressing a couple of buttons on the phone machine.

I switched them to the secretary on the C.I.A. floor and hung up the phone. I couldn't believe someone finally found them they've been on the run for almost a month and a half. There was a knock on my office door and I looked up seeing Nick walking into the room. "hey" I said smiling at him as he walked over to my desk.

"You busy?" Nick asked sitting across from me and setting food he brought on the desk. "no not really" I said shaking my head as I saw Nick look down at the paper on my desk. On the piece of paper, I pulled out I wrote down on it "Aliyah and Zion".

"did you get news about Aliyah?" Nick asked looking up at me confused. "uh no I just had to write down missing files" I said taking the piece of paper and balling it up. I threw it away in the trash can underneath my desk as Nick looked at me confused. "are you sure?" he asked as I nodded my head "yeah and don't worry about her she's gone" I said holding his hand and giving him a smile. he last thing I needed right now was for Nick to be all about Aliyah again. I finally got Nick over her and onto me and I wasn't gonna let him go back.

~Aliyah's POV~

I woke up to Zion shaking me I turned my head and noticed it was dark out and the car was parked. "I found a hotel in Missouri which is where we're at," Zion said pointing at the building. I looked up and saw the hotel sign "there's a car place across the street I'm gonna get the headlight fixed" Zion said as I rubbed my eyes.

"Okay," I said quietly as I sat up "you can go inside if you want the room number is 402," he said handing out a small card to me. I took the card from him and reached in the back to grab my bag "I'll be back soon" Zion said as I nodded my head. "Okay I'll see you later," I said as I opened the car door and got out of the car.

I walked into the hotel building and the lobby was pretty nice I walked past the lobby and saw there was a nice looking bar next to it. I walked down the hall and saw an elevator I used it to go up to the fourth floor. When the elevator opened I stepped out and walked down the hall till I saw our room number.

I unlocked the door and walked inside seeing a nice looking room that had two beds in it. I walked over to a bed and set my bag down on one of them. I looked around the room and realized I had nothing to do plus I wasn't tired anymore because I slept in the car. I decided that I was going to go to the bar that was downstairs.

~~~

I walked into the bar and it was actually kind of busy. There was an open seat on the end and I walked over and sat down. When I sat down a lady walked up to me and smiled "what can I get you?" she asked smiling at me. "uh can I just have an old fashioned?" I asked as she nodded her head.

She walked away and I looked around the room and noticed two guys were staring at me. They were looking at me and whispering things and I gave them a weird look. The waiter walked back over to me and handed me my drink "thank you" I said giving her a smile as she walked away.

"uh excuse me," someone said making me look up. I noticed it was one of the guys who were looking at me from across the bar. "I just couldn't help but notice you," he said looking at me and smiling. The guy was pretty tall and he was white with blonde hair and blue eyes he was too basic for me.

"can I buy you a drink?" he asked smiling at me "uh no thank you I can buy myself a drink," I said looking at him up and down. "come on babe," he said putting his hand on my left as I gave him a dirty look. "uh no thank you" I said not looking away from his hand. "come on" he said grinning at me as he moved his hand higher and gripped it harder.

"she said no the first time," someone said as I looked up to see a short white girl with long curly brown hair looking at him. "now goodbye," she said shooing with her hand I heard the man sigh and then turn around and walk away. I looked at the girl and she was smiling at me "well thank you" I said as she laughed and sat at the chair across from me.

"of course," she said taking a drink of whatever it was she had in her hand. "my names Opal by the way," she said smiling at me "Aliyah it's nice to meet you," I said smiling back at her she was actually really pretty. "what brings you to Missouri?" I asked her as she sighed and leaned back into the chair. "I've been traveling across America this summer," she said smiling at me. "I'm trying to end up in Califorina," she said as I nodded my head.

"I'm doing the same but I'm going to end up in New York," I said as she smiled "what's the camera for?" she asked looking at the counter. I looked over at the counter and noticed she was talking about the camera Zion bought me. "just memories for the trip," I said picking it up "can I be on it?" she asked smiling at me. "yeah of course" I said handing her the camera.

She took it and started filming then she turned the camera around to us "this is my new bestie" she said pointing at me as we both started laughing. She stopped recording and looked down to watch the video. "excuse me" I heard someone say I looked up and saw Zion smiling at me.

"who's this?" Zion asked pointing at Opal "names Opal" she said reaching her hand out as she set the camera back down on the counter. "this is my boyfriend Zion" I said pointing to Zion as she smiled at me with her mouth open. "okay you guys are cute as fuck" she said making all of us laugh.

"well I'll let you guys be and I guess I'll see you around Aliyah," she said standing up "have fun on your trip and stay safe," I said to her smiling. "thank you and you too," she said smiling at me. She walked away and Zion sat down in the seat that she was sitting in. "new bestie huh?" Zion said as I rolled my eyes smiling.

~~~

Zion and I stayed in the bar for a while just drinking and talking and it was fun it was like a break after this long ass road trip that was still going on. "no remember when we all went to the carnival and Austin threw up on that rollercoaster" Zion said as I started laughing. "oh my god that was the funniest thing ever" I said as we were both laughing.

"God I miss that," I said smiling and taking a drink "too bad we're never gonna see them again because of me," Zion said rolling his eyes and looking down. "you did the right thing," I said placing my hand on his knee. "I know I was mad at first but I know you were just doing what's right," I said as he looked up at me smiling.

"excuse me" the bartender said making me look up "I'm gonna have to ask you guys to leave" she said as I looked around noticing no one was here anymore. "oh okay" I said standing up I pulled some cash out of my pocket and set it on the counter. "come on let's go up to the room" Zion said standing up.

~~~

We walked into the room and I walked over to the beds and set the room card down on the nightstand. "we don't need two beds" Zion said as I turned around and saw him standing there looking at them. "we don't have to use them" I said as he walked closer to me. "what's that supposed to mean?" I asked smiling as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"whatever you want it to mean," he said as he leaned down and started kissing me. I was surprised at first but I started to kiss him back. I moved my arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss and pushing me back a little bit. He laid me down on the bed and got on top of me hovering. "you cool?" he asked looking at me up and down. "yeah keep going" I said as he laughed shaking his head. And well you can use your imagination for what happened next.