Chapter 15 - Reunion

Start from the beginning

Namjoon turned back to Hoseok. "She's not a whore. She's a wanted fugitive."

He released Hoseok and jumped towards you, ripping the veil from your face. You glared as he stared at you, the familiar look of disappointment in his eyes.

But you weren't the little girl he was training anymore.

You threw the tray in his face and ran. You heard a few frustrated grunts behind you, but paid no attention as you ran towards the exit.

You ran out into the streets, avoiding the stares of the gentlemen hanging around outside. There weren't many people out this time of night, making you an easy target with your gowns.

You ran to the park towards the middle of the city, holding your skirts so not to trip over them. There was a large bridge over the river that went through the town, and you sped part way down it, stopping to catch your breath.

You turned back, hoping for Hoseok. You got Namjoon instead.

He stopped at the edge of the bridge, anger pouring off his shoulders as he panted. Running to the other side of the bridge was a straight shot, but you knew Namjoon could outrun you if you tried it.

So you jumped off the bridge instead.

The river wasn't deep, but you managed to absorb the impact without hurting your legs. The current was strong, however, and you had to fight to keep from being pushed around by it. You tore down the side of the river, jumping onto the streets into another side of town. Thanks to Hoseok, it wasn't hard to run in wet clothes.

The shops in the market were shutting down for the night, but there were still plenty of people in this part of town. They didn't appreciate it when you stripped off your robes. You removed your outer robes and tied them like a belt around your waist. It made it far easier to run. You raced down the alleyways and city streets to find your way back to Hoseok... wherever he was.

The crowd started to dissolve the more you went through the city, until you reached an almost deserted place on the darker side. You turned around to go back, but came to face to face with the person you had been running from.

Namjoon's nostrils flared. He charged for you, and you had no choice but to run forward... into a dead end. You turned to face him, steadying your breath.

Your heart was pounding for so many reasons that you thought it would explode.

"A whore, Y/N?" he asked, panting as he approached you. "You escaped to become a goddamn whore?"

You gritted your teeth. "You gave me no choice."

"That was never allowed to be an option!" He stepped towards you. "You're coming back with me. You can come willingly, or I can drag you."

You stepped back and pulled your heel up. Just like he taught you.

"Go to hell," you replied.

He stepped forward to charge. A crash deafened you both as wooden barrels of wine smashed between you, with chicken cages and random stacks of garbage piling on after. There was a familiar arm around your waist, pulling you up by rope onto the rooftop behind you.

Hoseok's grin came into view from the side, his hand bringing you in close to him as he faced Namjoon.

"I already told you that she's mine, Captain," he said. "I wish you the best of luck if you want to take her from me."

Namjoon jumped over the broken barrels towards you, but stopped at the wall. There was no way for him to reach you. That didn't change the determination in his eyes, however.

"You won't have her, Jung," Namjoon replied. "Not you."

Hoseok shrugged. "And yet... I do."

Hoseok's lips came to your cheek, the faint kiss making your knees week.

"Let's go home, sweetheart," Hoseok said, loud enough for Namjoon to hear.

You swallowed, emotions fluttering from all angles. But there was one emotion that held fast to you -- stronger than all of the others.

You looked Namjoon straight in the eyes as you responded.

"Yes... Master."

You turned your back on Namjoon and walked away, satisfied to finally show him how it felt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SOUNDTRACK: He's On Your Mind by joe.k

This was one of my favorite chapters to write. :)