Chapter 15 - Reunion

Start from the beginning

Your hands gripped the sides of the tray as the second one of Namjoon's men took his drink.

"Business is well, then?" Namjoon asked. "The black markets must be filling a lot of orders."

Hoseok chuckled. "We've been over this, Captain. I have no black market dealings. You must be parched from all those circles you run in. Y/N, sweetheart, give Captain Kim his drink."

Namjoon's hand froze as he reached for the drink, and in spite of yourself, you followed the hand to meet the eyes behind them.

Namjoon's eyes dilated as he looked at you, his forehead shifting back.

Hoseok clicked his tongue. "I said she was off limits, Captain Kim. Must you stare like that?"

Your breath stopped. He didn't take his eyes off you, the corners of his eyelids narrowing together as he focused on you.

"She has beautiful eyes, yes?" Hoseok continued, taking the drink from the tray and handing it to Namjoon himself. "I thought so too. She's also surprisingly strong for a woman, despite her fragile frame. She was practically starving to death when I found her."

Namjoon's tongue rolled over his lips before he brought the cup to them, not taking his eyes off you. He swallowed, his jaw ticking.

"How much did you pay for her?" Namjoon snarled.

"Ah, let's see." Hoseok leaned against the arm of his chair, taking a drink for himself. "She really wasn't worth much when I first found her. I think I paid two hundred."

You glared at him. It was bad enough being called a whore. It was even worse being called a cheap one.

Namjoon's hand tightened around his glass. "I'll pay you two thousand to release her to me."

"Two thousand?" Hoseok said, laughing. "I've invested nearly as much in her. Hardly gives me enough to replace her."

"Ten thousand then," Namjoon countered.

He kept his focus on you, barely blinking. His stare froze you to the floor.

Hoseok downed his drink. "It seems that you've taken quite an interest in my pet. I like the sound of your money, but have to admit, I'm apprehensive. I rather enjoy playing with her. I like all the little yips and whines she makes."

Namjoon jumped from his seat and grabbed Hoseok's collar, taking him down to the floor. The women behind their seats gasped and ran to the side as everyone turned their heads. Hoseok's hands raised beside his head in surrender as he chuckled.

"Is the great Captain Kim wanting to fight me for a whore? I suppose even the noblest of men have their weaknesses."

Namjoon's hands tightened around Hoseok's throat.

"Don't you dare call her that," he barked. "She's not—"

He stopped himself, looking around the room. He looked back to his men, who had their heads cocked to the side, eyebrows raised.