CHAPTER 11 The survivor,Pt.2

We came across a house that was surprisingly still standing. so we tried to open the door. locked and barricaded.The windows were also barricaded. There still was a chimney."Ever wonder how Santa gets into your house?"I said.Eve climbed up some vines growing along the side of the house,then climbed up the chimney, and jumped in.I tried to pull myself up the siding and throw my crutch onto the roof.I then pull myself up and over over the chimney and land in a fire pit, and quickly jump out.This is a raid! I'm thinking of saying, but then again there might be mutants that hear and then kill us.Me and Eve split up, checking around the house to see if there were any survivors or mutants and then I see someone hiding behind a large potted fern. I pull out my pistol to show them I can see them, but not pointing at the person,because I want to see if they would make a move first.The person jumps out,pointing a rifle at my face. This felt like deja vu all over again. "Hey,hey. Don't kill me. I'm not here to kill you,and I haven't been bit by those mutants outside." I said to the person. The person was someone I knew from school."Wait, Brooklyn?You survived?"I asked.At that moment, something fell on the ground in another another room of the house.We all rushed to see what it was. A mutant. Before any of us could pull out our guns, it bit Brooklyn.I pull up my pistol that I was already holding and shot the mutant in the face twice.Brooklyn flopped over and had a seizure and  started drooling that goo.She was infected."Welp. Here we go again.Sorry for this."I said and shot her in the face twice. She fell down."how are the mutants even making it up the vines? Might wanna seal that off  before more mutants fall down here,especially if there are more survivors here."Eve said."Yeah."I said.We walked around the house until we found a door that led downstairs. I turned on a flashlight.As we got downstairs I noticed a group of people and shined the light on them.